Hot Rod for sale

essexcoupe3131
essexcoupe3131 Senior Contributor
edited October 2010 in Street Rods
Well here is someone selling a 31 Essex greater 8, I have had a good look at it and recon that its a 28 Essex and if so cant even be a greater 8 as they weren't around then
I tried to email the at there question area but wont let you do anything
the front suspension looks pretty cool as does the rest
Even the ID tag I think is not what they were issued with :ohmy:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Other-Makes-Hudson-Essex-Greater-Eight-2-Door-Coupe-Hot-Rod-Hudson-Essex-Greater-Eight-2-Door-Coupe-/260679955336?pt=US_Cars_Trucks&hash=item3cb1bc7388

thoughts

Mike

Comments

• Browniepetersen
    Browniepetersen Senior Contributor
    Since they have a Chevy 350 in it--they have also decided to use the same creativity to sell the car. I often wonder, if you are going with a 350 crate engine why not step up and do the R-4 tranny? You would have much better performance and economy...
  • essexcoupe3131
    Hi brownie, I wished I had put a 400r in but now looking at some stage to put a over drive on the turbo,
    I good suspect for false advertising, someone may buy it and then sue later who knows, as a take it as as I see it a lot of that goes on in the states

Mike
  • Browniepetersen
    Browniepetersen Senior Contributor
    I chuckle some times when I read the add's. Between the "Rare's and Original Reatorations" and the comments about how easy it would be to restore the car I find a lot of humor in the For Sale adds.

By the way, I am working on a 39 Custom Hudson Roadster and I made the decision recently that I would go with a 5 speed standard transmission rather than an automatic. I was going to do the 700 R4 tranny and then just decided that since it is a rebuild of an original early 50"s hot rod that it would do better with the 5 speed on the floor. It will bolt up to a early Corvette 327 with 3 X 2's. (the last engine that it had in it when it was running was a 1955 Chevy 265.)
  • essexcoupe3131
    Hi Brownie, that was the combo I had for the coupe originally, I had a virgin 327 block too, it ended being put into a jet sprint boat down here
    I still kick myself for not using the block and manifold
    though I was still using a turbo 350 then, when I started building this, we had so much regulation parts were so hard to come by unless you were wealthly
    Not like up there you just go to a wreckers and choose we mostly had 4 and 6 cylinder cars

Mike

Mike
This discussion has been closed.