47 Commadore

Unknown
edited November -1 in HUDSON
I am needing to locate a few usable parts, lets start with a gas tank sending unit for now . I am not really doing a 'restoration' but refurbishing a pretty nice 4 door from the inside out. I have had this car for 2 years and am doing one thing at a time so that I can keep driving it. I had the carb rebuilt and the gas tank boiled out and resealed, there was alot of sludge in there. The sending unit that I took out is completely frozen with rust and the brass float is cracked to boot. Any leads are appreciated, Joe Myers

Comments

• Ford Truck Part #01A-9275 float unit works on stepdowns with a litle bending of the arm. It may also work on '47s, but I'm not sure. Part is available from Dennis Carpenter, Early Ford and most Ford Dealers at around $40.00. Hope this helps.
  • I'd go $50 for the Stewart/Warner. #99A-9275 Interpolate the Ford adjustments that come with it. Arm length is proportional to tank depth, and the Hudson angle is about 30 deg where the Ford mounts on the tank top. Comes complete with gasket and float.
    http://www.earlyford.com
  • Thanks for the leads,
    Joe
  • I bought a sending unit for my '54 Hornet from the gentleman listed below. I think he has parts for your '47 also. Try: Ken Amman
    240 Raleigh Place\
    Lennon, Michigan 48449
    (810)621-3665

Hope this helps you out.
This discussion has been closed.