2005 Good Guys Rod Run

[Deleted User]
edited November -1 in Street Rods
Just got back from a quick look around at the 2005 Good Guys Run here in Scottsdale, AZ this morning. I posted a few pics of a 49 Super Six which was the only Hudson I saw. It seems mostly original and has a Twin H set-up. The owner wasn't around the car so didn't get a chance to talk with them. It is for sale, but can't remember what they were asking.

Pics are in my gallery (jsrail) at:

http://www.classiccar.com/photopost/showgallery.php?ppuser=1016

The show was for Pre-73 autos and trucks and there was some nice machines. A few nice show cars, but we didn't look much there as I'm not very interested in show quality, I like the ones which are driven on a regular basis. A nice lowered 68 El Camino 327 was there, as well as some cool 55 and 56 Buicks and Olds! One car I loved was a 55 Nash Metro convertible-tubbed, big block chevy, roll cage, etc. etc.-not sure how he stuffed all that in there (probably just connected the transmission directly to the rear end!) but it was very cool!

I'll post this on the Hudson general section as well.

Sorry I didn't get more pics but with a toddler you don't get to spend all day! But hey, a morning is better than not going at all!

Jay

Comments

• rambos_ride
    rambos_ride Senior Contributor
    Thanks for posting those pictures Jay!

So that's what the sun looks like this time of year! Ahhh - I long for a 60 degree day again so I wouldn't have to wear LJ's just to work on my ride!

:)
  • Dan, I seem to have problems when I try to post pics here. When I save pics to my harddrive (usually using website or email when resizing) the forum always says my file is too big and it should 39.1 for a jpg file. Thats like a thumbnail! Yet when I resize it its still too small! Arghhh!!!! Yet I see people put 500x400 pixel size pics on the threads......what am I doing wrong?

Jay

Thanks for posting those pictures Jay!

So that's what the sun looks like this time of year! Ahhh - I long for a 60 degree day again so I wouldn't have to wear LJ's just to work on my ride!

:)
  • Ahhh!! Now I see. Thanks Rick. Always wondered how you guys got those pics inserted so nice!

Jay
  • rambos_ride
    rambos_ride Senior Contributor
    edited November 2013
    jsrail wrote:
    Dan, I seem to have problems when I try to post pics here. When I save pics to my harddrive (usually using website or email when resizing) the forum always says my file is too big and it should 39.1 for a jpg file. Thats like a thumbnail! Yet when I resize it its still too small! Arghhh!!!! Yet I see people put 500x400 pixel size pics on the threads......what am I doing wrong?

Jay
    On the forum you can attach images (attachment size limitations are what you are running into) - the only caveat to using attachements is that they have a limited lifespan on the forum. That's a big reason if you go to older posts and there are no images just placeholders.

The other way as described Rick is that they are hosted on an open internet connection and then you can insert a link to the picture. This is better because unless you remove the pictures or your hosting service is down the pictures stay with the forum post.

Using either method there is one other restriction in that you can't have more than 3 images in a post including the 'emoticons' :eek: - If I want to post multiple pictures I usually use Photoshop and combine them into 1 image.

The only other issue is file size. You can usually do 2 things 1) resize the photo smaller and/or 2) save the image as either *.jpg or *.gif format which has a smaller footprint than a *.bmp image.

And just as a matter of viewing preference and to be nice to folks with smaller monitors I usually size my pictures close to 640x480 to fit the screen better.

I have my own webserver post and manage my pictures there myself.

L8tr

Dan
This discussion has been closed.