webers

Unknown
edited November -1 in Street Rods
Does anyone make an intake manifold for webers on a 308? Or will I be fabricating my own manifold?

Comments

• Clifford Research used to make them but they are no longer available to my knowledge. I saw one on EBay about a year ago. The manifold and Webers were really pricey 30 years ago (I want to say in the 1200 1975 dollars range, but don't quote me) so I doubt that a lot of those manifolds were sold. It was a really pretty cast aluminum piece too.
  • Clifford doesn't list them anymore, but last time I e-mailed them (about a year ago), they said they still had them available "on request".

Actually, I don't think they are going to make anything for a Hudson until enough folks "request" enough to make a foundry batch. Including heads.

Mark
  • I have a 1972 Clifford catalogue where Jack Clifford himself wrote an insert saying that if Hudson owners did not step up and order stuff like replacement oil pump gears and other specially manufactured items he would not be able to offer them anymore. Of course that all came true the 72 catalogue had around 150 Hudson items from headers, ring gears, stroker cranks to complete engines. And now the Clifford Hudson line is about 5 items. Kind of sad when I look through the old stuff I drool. Not much can be done about it though people only order what they need. Does highlight the fact we need to support the Hudson parts people like Dale Cooper, the Maas folks and Dany Springer over at KGap to name but a few. If we don't we won't have parts. So hey when ordering buy 2. If you don't need it I might LOL
  • 50C8DAN
    50C8DAN Senior Contributor
    Yes the 3X2 Weber manifold is still available from Clifford! Here is the reply I got:

Yes, cost is $339.00.

You will need to make custom headers with this intake.

thank you

Larry 6=8

Original Message

To: <larry@cliffordperformance.net>

Sent: Thursday, December 01, 2005 5:00 PM

Subject: Hudson Manifold

Do you still have the 3 Weber Hudson manifold available? If so what is

the

price.

Thanks

Dan White

Just a note the carbs will run you about $500 ea.
  • I wonder if the linkage is still available?

does anyone have a picture of a triple weber installation in a long wheelbase stepdown?

I'd sure like to see how those webers fit in there.

Mark
  • 50C8DAN
    I have never seen the weber setup in a vehicle? I would email Clifford to check if the linkage is available. I should have asked when I emailed Larry.
  • I haven't seen a weber setup in a Hudson with 308 either. I have seen them on Chevy II's running 250/292 straight sixes. No fender wells due to no room.

We have a triple weber setup for a 292 chevy and another for a 262 IH. If I can remember, the carbs+manifold stick off the side of the engine 8.9-9.0" without velocity stacks or breathers. The firewall support may be in the way, and it may not - depending on where the carb is.

If anyone has any experiance or pictures of this setup, I'd sure like to see them.

Mark
  • 50C8DAN
    Triple Webers on an IH 6 that sounds wild. Who made a manifold for that?
  • Thank you Dan White! I called Clifford today about my Weber manifold. It was on the shelf, and the price was $299: $325 total to my door. I already had 4 Webers that I got for $100 ea. Linkage was another $130, so I passed on that. I can build my own.

Thanks to everyone who responded.

Rodder
  • Here is what the item looked like in the old Clifford Catalog from 1972.

normal_clifford-webers.jpg
This discussion has been closed.