What the heck would you call this!!!!

Unknown
edited November -1 in HUDSON
This is the nastiest creation I have EVER seen, then each to their own I guess. Let the bidding commence.(I doubt) :confused:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1946-Hudson-Pick-up_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ6737QQitemZ4592141159QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWDVW

Comments

• This is a horrible attempt at a Hudson named "vehicle"..... sometimes, too much "free time" results in not enough "brain time".
  • Aaron D. IL
    Aaron D. IL Senior Contributor
    Hideous! If I bought it I'd undo that body work and make it look less like an Japanese or Audi front clip was grafted onto it and more like a Hudson
  • Someone spent a lot of money and time to make a Hudson pickup ugly. Notice the Wally World wheelcovers, too. Yuck.
  • someone had no concious in killing a classic.....sad very sad
  • hudsonsplasher1
    hudsonsplasher1 Senior Contributor
    WOW, just another reason not to street rod.
  • I agree the truck has some issues that should be pointed out, but I also note that someone went to a lot of trouble and expense to modify the truck. Looks like a bed was made or shortened, and while I personally don't care for the peterbilt look on the front. It is definately different, and took a lot of imagination. It presents very well,externally, but as I said there are issues that arise when you view the pictures. It kind of looks like it was done by 2 different people. Exterior by one fellow and interior by some one else. And the area around the door hinges would warrant closer examination.

Bob
  • Aaron D. IL
    Aaron D. IL Senior Contributor
    I'm not talkin form a purist point of view I talking from an astetic one. Has nothing to do with the fact that it's a rod. Some ugly kids just don't know they're ugly. LMAO
  • Humm, er, uh, lack of funds is clearly not what the problem is here. While I applaud the attempt to try something "street" and cool, it just doesnt fit (I am putting that nicely). I happen to love the 46 - 47 dashes and would rather see it tricked out with the stock dash. Would have been cheaper too I bet. I think he must have had funds, after all, the paint looks good and what about paying for all those other new parts? But what do I know, all I know how to do is make rusty parts look pretty. To each his own. I am sure he had a ball doing it, that is what counts.
  • Maybe he ran outta money after the exterior? It will be interesting to see what it sells for (if it does). Whoever buys it has to know there is still inside work to do. Still like the extended cab though, works well for us long legged types! :-)

Jay
  • One Word............barf!!!!!
  • rambos_ride
    rambos_ride Senior Contributor
    Humm, er, uh, lack of funds is clearly not what the problem is here. While I applaud the attempt to try something "street" and cool, it just doesnt fit (I am putting that nicely). I happen to love the 46 - 47 dashes and would rather see it tricked out with the stock dash. Would have been cheaper too I bet. I think he must have had funds, after all, the paint looks good and what about paying for all those other new parts? But what do I know, all I know how to do is make rusty parts look pretty. To each his own. I am sure he had a ball doing it, that is what counts.
    I have to agree with Dennis here - lack of money is not an excuse for shoddy poor looking work. If that was the case my 49 would really be in trouble - because I haven't had a decent paycheck in 4 years and have been living mostly month to month for the last 4 months looking for programming work.

My grandpa always taught me - "If you are going to do something - do it right - and do it right the first time!"

So I'll have to be careful here...not to be overly critical so as not to get spanked by some folks on this forum... but, if this picture indicates the quality of work then the picture speaks for itself...

kustomtruck1.jpg

Perhaps a 4" Chop and some missing windows would make this worth 16k as well?
  • Yeah, this one is kind of rough around the edges...

The headlights are "different" in this, someone went to a lot of trouble to figure all of that out.

The interior looks sort of rough as well.

The grille could have been planned out a bit better as well.

what it lacks in execution, it makes up for in creativity.

but it is still ugly.

and if any of the above opinions (mine or anyone elses that don't care for it) bother any of the street rodders, go back to the "rogue forum" and discuss what a thing of beauty it is.
  • Ouch Rambos... not the close ups!!!!

that really shows the real details of this one!
  • rambos_ride
    rambos_ride Senior Contributor
    hudsonkid wrote:
    Ouch Rambos... not the close ups!!!!

that really shows the real details of this one!
    That's the drivers door jamb too!

LOL - I could see skipping the good repair if it was the passenger side and you never saw it!

But everytime I would open the door to this truck my eye would be drawn to the cobby looking repair - then I might trip and stumble and break a hip or something!

The "rogue" forum is of mostly of like mind overall on this one...
  • Eat that cheese.....
  • OK, I'll vote, UGLY and shoddy! Even I noticed the hack job door frames. Sometimes the truth hurts.... Niels
  • I have no issue with it being a rod, but I do have an issue that it is ugly...not just ugly, but damn butt-ugly, to boot! If he had the "talent" to make it that ugly, maybe he's in the wrong line of work. If he actually paid someone to make it like that, he got screwed! It's ugly. Period.

Sometimes the truth sucks.
  • I say let's start a poll....
  • Boy, you guys are cruel... LOL. I basically see some good and bad here.

One - I like the concept. The plastic grille part is not great, but the overall front is an improvement over a 46 or 47 grille. ( I know I will get slammed for that but personally I do not like the 46 and 47's). The shorting of the bed and extending the cab makes it look more to me like a truck instead of a car body cut in half and a metal box sitting on the frame.

Two - The detail work, at least from the photos, of the outside and the inside did not match. At first I thought it was a young high school kid on their first attempt at car customizing. But. looking at the pictures again, I think someone gave up, either from lack of funds, time, or patience. They threw a quick paint job on it and cheap wheel covers and put it on Ebay. At least they are honest about the unfinished areas. They could have just submitted two pictures of the best side, like the last Jet on ebay.

That's my opinion, What I really find ugly on that truck is the color.
This discussion has been closed.