Traffic Light Viewer

ratlee2
ratlee2 Expert Adviser
edited November -1 in HUDSON
I am interested in purchasing a traffic light view (prism) for my Dad for xmas. So I did a quick search on Ebay and found many listed for 51-58 Chevys. Has anyone used these in a Hornet. I just want to make sure the s-shaped bracket will work with the windshield slope, and can it be mounted to the windshield trim?

Thanks,

Rich

Comments

• dave s
    dave s Senior Contributor, Moderator
    Get an old Hudson. or any Guide rear view mirror and use mounting bolt. You have to scrap the mirror to get the 1/4" bolt with ball on end. Losen two phillips screws in bottom chrome and it will separate. Put ball in slot and tighten up. It is the same as Guide used for the traffic light viewer.
  • ratlee2 wrote:
    I am interested in purchasing a traffic light view (prism) for my Dad for xmas. So I did a quick search on Ebay and found many listed for 51-58 Chevys. Has anyone used these in a Hornet. I just want to make sure the s-shaped bracket will work with the windshield slope, and can it be mounted to the windshield trim?

Thanks,

Rich

If it is the one that looks like a scallop shell, then yes it will mount on the lower windshield trim without drilling. You simply remove an existing screw and reuse it to mount the viewer. It mounts and looks perfect. As mentioned, the guide ones work aswell and they typically use an existing hole under the dash pad. Niels
  • ratlee2
    ratlee2 Expert Adviser
    Thanks Guys. I thought they would work.
This discussion has been closed.