1952 Hudson Pacemaker - now, it's mine!

[Deleted User]
edited November -1 in HUDSON
For those of you who viewed the 1952 Hud Pacemaker on Ebay about 4 weeks ago... I got the high bid, the roundtrip 15 hours of travel, the massive headache, the first viewing :eek: , the first test drive :p , and of course the final payment to the seller. I am now the proud owner of this work in progress.

Yes, it needs some care and some time, but I intend to get it more road-worthy than what it currently is. To my knowledge, this is one of the last Pacemakers to be made.... considering they only made 7000+ in 52 ( this is a Model No. beginning with 4B). It did come with the "cow's tongue" hood ornament all shiny and untouched - very happy about that.

It has been converted from 6 to 12 volt, the starter is new, most of the belts are new also.... the rest of the engine looks somewhat "original" (beig a standard 6 cyl, 232). It leaks some oil - but then again, if I were 53 years old I be leaking at least something too. Need new tires and I do intend to put in seat belts considering that I have a very supportive wife and two good-looking, young (7 and 4 year old) kids to haul. After a deal and a week of car transport service, it made it into my driveway safely. Whew!

I have always liked the front grill and the rear slope of these cars... and now I have one to care for....although, I must admit it seems strange that the car is 16 years older than me....did someone say "column shift???" Thanks for reading! Wish me luck, boyz!

[IMG][/img]051109-DSCN3478.jpg

051109-DSCN3527.jpg

Comments

• Aaron D. IL
    Aaron D. IL Senior Contributor
    Good luck kktreb!!!! That's a fine looking Pacemonster ya got! Are you insinuating that if you didn't have good looking kids you wouldn't bother about the seatbelts? LOL (just kidding) Seriously though if you want any help, tips, tricks of the trade Me (a fellow Pacemaker owner) and anyone else in this forum for that matter are here to offer you support. Especially on those days when you wanna throw a brick through the window. hehe Hope you drive it lots!
  • Contratulations on the Pacemaker! Lots of help to be found on the board here.

I'm glad that deal turned out to be such a good find. Have fun!

Mark
  • Congratulations on your purchase, when you purchase any HUDSON you are getting a rare vehicle. and You certainly seem to have found a nice one.

Bob
  • Congrats kktreb from another Pacemaker owner! Nice looking car! Mine has front seat belts but with a 2 1/2 y.o. I'll need them for the back as well (not sure why they didn't put them in). And it helps to have a supportive wife, a little easier to spend money! lol

Jay

50 Pacemaker Club Coupe
  • hudson dave back to you . if you are looking for www tires take a look at my diamond back tires . if you have any question give me a call thank you. i have been a distributre for 8 years http://homepage.mac/hudsonlover/photoalbum2.html )
  • Congrats on your new purchase! Welcome to the wild wacky world of Hudsons. You'll find a great group of people here on the forum and in the HET club.
  • ArtS
    ArtS Expert Adviser
    Sweet ride! Best wishes and happy trails! I am sure you and the family will have a real kick driving around in the Pacemaker. I think Pacemaker, Commodore, and Hornet are some of the classiest car names ever coined. For a fascinating story on how a '51 Pacemaker, "Goldie", was brought back from the "vapor lock" grave, see the Mar/Apr 2005 issue of White Triangle News. Dan McNichol wrote a book on the Eisenhower Interstate system and did a PR event by driving Goldie cross country from Mass. up over the I-70 Continental Divide in Colorado to the Pacific Coast and then back east again. Just amazing! What a dream for all us Hudson fans to ponder as we work on our own rigs. The efforts of Per Christiansen transformed Goldie from a simple around town driver into an interstate road warrior. I had a chance to look over Goldie when it was first offered for sale on eBay back in '03 out of Alexandria, OH. It was all there and had lots of potential. The front grill had lost its luster but, hey, that's just lipstick and rouge. Thanks for sharing the pixs and keeping the Hudson legacy alive. ArtS
  • rambos_ride
    rambos_ride Senior Contributor
    Nice looking ride to start out with! Makes me "green" with Hudson envy! :D
  • hudson dave back to you . if you are looking for www tires take a look at my diamond back tires . if you have any question give me a call thank you. i have been a distributre for 8 years http://homepage.mac/hudsonlover/photoalbum2.html )

Hudson Dave: Has anyone else had trouble opening up this site? I couldn't get it to open. I was interested because I will soon be in the market for new WWW tires.

Russell
  • KKtreb:

Congratulations! That's a great looking car and welcome to world of Hudsons!

Need help? This forum and the HET club have been the greatest source of info and resources. Without them, many of us would be out there scratchin' our heads. Everyone here loves to help, all you gotta do is ask!

Russell
  • I can't open it either Russell. Is it a Mac thing?

Jay
  • RL Chilton wrote:
    KKtreb:

Congratulations! That's a great looking car and welcome to world of Hudsons!

Need help? This forum and the HET club have been the greatest source of info and resources. Without them, many of us would be out there scratchin' our heads. Everyone here loves to help, all you gotta do is ask!

Russell

Yes - I certainly will be asking plenty of questions and I know that I'll be getting the best information from members such as those listed here.

Thanks eveyone!
This discussion has been closed.