Sweet chopped Jet on CL!!

lsfirth
lsfirth Expert Adviser
edited December 2010 in Street Rods
This is a really cool look....what do ya think?

Comments

• ski4life65
    ski4life65 Expert Adviser
    This guy has been trying to sell this for a couple of years, along with a couple other overpriced stepdowns. I have to give him credit for sticking to his guns on price :woohoo:
  • super-six
    super-six Expert Adviser
    Ten thousand dollars plus whatever it would cost to put an original top back on.
  • lsfirth
    lsfirth Expert Adviser
    super-six wrote:
    Ten thousand dollars plus whatever it would cost to put an original top back on.

I bet it would be harder to "un-chop" a car than to chop it. I like 'em both....chopped and original. I had never seen a chopped Jet before....it looks better than I thought it would.

Lee
  • bent metal
    bent metal Senior Contributor

I'd like to see a side view of this thing. It looks like it was a four door made into a two door? Maybe? Then they chopped it and moved the back window forward about six inches?

I've talked to someone about doing a custom Jet. Turning four into two doors, moving the back of the cab forward, slight chop, and section just above the belt line. As someone mentioned earlier. Then making new quarters. Probably never happen. I think he came to the conclusion the Jet was a bad starting point all together.

I have some pics around here somewhere???....
  • lsfirth
    lsfirth Expert Adviser
    edited December 2010
    bent metal wrote:
    I'd like to see a side view of this thing. It looks like it was a four door made into a two door? Maybe? Then they chopped it and moved the back window forward about six inches?

I've talked to someone about doing a custom Jet. Turning four into two doors, moving the back of the cab forward, slight chop, and section just above the belt line. As someone mentioned earlier. Then making new quarters. Probably never happen. I think he came to the conclusion the Jet was a bad starting point all together.

I have some pics around here somewhere???....

The picture you posted looks like a Hudson Gasser.....never seen one of those before either :-)

Not sure exactly what they did to this Jet, but looks pretty cool. How's the boat-tail coming?

Thanks!
    Lee
  • lsfirth
    lsfirth Expert Adviser
    This is probably more of the look I'd aim for.....but they're all cool!!

• bent metal
    YES! Much better! That looks pretty good, doesn't look like a Jet at all.:)
    lsfirth wrote:
    This is probably more of the look I'd aim for.....but they're all cool!!

• bent metal
    edited December 2010

This is the real car. Years ago it was black, and for sale. I wanted it real bad but my Dad wouldn't let me have it. It had a 350 Chevy in it then. If I'm not mixing my cars up in my head.:blink:
  • bent metal

Hudson 308, don't like the mini step down quarter panels. hmm, how about fins?
  • bent metal
    I would be shocked if anyone did anything close to these custom mods. But if they do, I wanna' see it!
    The one that "lsfirth" did looks the best to me. But man-o-man, that glass would be a challenge to get right.
This discussion has been closed.