fuel pressure regulator

[Deleted User]
edited November -1 in HUDSON
I am cleaning out the fuel system on my 53 Hornet with twin carbs. There is a little regulator between the fuel pump and carbs labeled Alondra Sales inc. and I believe it holds the fuel pressure back to 2 psi. Upon inspection I see that this unit is pretty gummed up, and since I'm waiting for a new fuel pump to arrive, I'm thinking I should replace this unit as well with a new one.
However, I can't find aything on the net for Alondra Sales, so was wondering if anyone knows a source for this part? Also, is it a necessary part, or can it be left out of the system? The reason I ask this question is because I have another '53 Hornet that has no regulator -- just a sediment bowl in the lines, and it seems to run ok.

?? silverone.

Comments

• Hudson did not use the pressure regulator.
  • At 2 psi I would think that the carbs would starve for gas, when running at freeway speeds. I would chuck the regulator unless you intend to run an electric pump. Even then you would only need a regulator if you used a high pressure pump. Most electric pumps designed for carburated engines only develop 4-7 lbs pressure.
  • I think you're right Bob. I'll leave it off for now anyway and see how it runs without it once I get the new fuel pump.

Odd how these things appear,--- I guess someone thought it was a good idea at the time.

What kind of threw me off there was the fact that I have a sedan parts car with twin H also, and danged if it dosen't have some sort of regulator between the fuel pump and carbs too, --- but this one is a totally different looking one than the one on my other '53!

Anyway, -- Thanks --- the advice is appreciated!

silverone
This discussion has been closed.