Getting an alleged "radio" car '40 or '41 this Sat

hornet53
hornet53 Senior Contributor
edited November -1 in HUDSON
Hey all,

Coming up this weekend, I will be getting 2 more Hudsons in addition to the 53 Hornet I've had for 11 years.

First off, I'm getting a 50 Super Six coupe. It's pretty rotten. Floors, rockers and rear frame are all shot. However, it does come with a set of used frame rails cut at the arch. Probably going to be parted out and scrapped. Let me know if there is anything that is needed. I will get back to you once I have the car and can inspect it further.

More importantly, I am gettting a 40 or 41 Hudson Radio car. I've been led to believe over the years it was a Military (Army/Navy) Radio car used to search out enemy radio broadcasts up and down the coast. However, it may be a standard Police radio car. Not sure. Neither am I sure what the plan is for this car, but I would really like to save it as much as I can. It's going to depend on the condition once I get it to my house on the 29th.

As I've never really dug into a pre-stepdown car, where would I look for the common rust spots?

Anybody have any info on these old radio cars? Military ones? Police ones are relatively easy to find info on, but I'll take anything I can get right now.

Thanks!
This discussion has been closed.