Ideas, Advice. Wheel and Tires for 39 Coupe

[Deleted User]
edited November -1 in Street Rods
Hello,

I have a 1939 Hudson 112 Coupe. Im ready to purchase wheels and Tires. I need advice/Ideas on the wheel/tire size and style.
I want a lower stance than stock. I have pounded out rear fender skirt for a tail dragger look.
What do you guys think i should run with?

Thanks

Mike

Comments

• Browniepetersen
    Browniepetersen Senior Contributor
    edited March 2011
    I bought these Star Wire Wheels (circa 1950-pre Crager) for my 1939 Convertible Brougham--Martz, had them powder coated and then wrapped new SBR Wide Whites around them. I can make you a great deal on them... And, they would look GREAT on your ride...

• Brownie, Those look great! But, the off yellow isnt going to match my color plans. Im thinking light blue suede with some white gloss accents (firewall). I really appreciate the offer though!

Mike
  • Ol racer
    Ol racer Senior Contributor
    FYI

If you want a lower stance do like I did and use older 14" Mopar wheels since there are 14" tires still available. I also installed 2" lowering blocks.....
  • can you post a pic of your car with the 14" Mopar wheels?
  • Ol racer
    Ol racer Senior Contributor
    FYI
    I failed to mention my 14" Mopar wheels are actually Mags obtained from a Swap Neet. However, steel 14" Rims Ive seen in the Yards look identical to Ford or Chevy rims. I can post a picture if want.
This discussion has been closed.