beach hop wangamata

essexcoupe3131
essexcoupe3131 Senior Contributor
edited March 2011 in Street Rods
Hi all, just been on the annual Beach Hop run at Wangamata, started last Wednesday and finished Sunday,there were 1150 cars preregistered,
Its all based on the fifty's and sixty's music and was great as even despite the rain on 2 days
there was only a couple Hudson/Essex there there was a 31 Essex sedan and a Terraplane rat rod and a 28 panel wagon, will post later

We did very well down there, Took out the Miners Choice at Wahi (a mining town) on the Wednesday and Got an award for making the top 5 shoot out for the whole event pretty good since I had to fight out against the fords Chevy and plastic cars etc
I was told that she had made the top 10 the previous year as well

The whole event at the Beach Hop was great and the door prizes this year was a 62 Thunder Bird,A 48 Bonus Truck and a flat head engine, as Ford was one of the major sponsors

The coupe has been invited to be put the car on display at the Hamilton 500 in a month or so in Hamilton (north Island) with forty other cars,
This is part of the Australian V8 super car series and have the importunity to meet the guys from ZZ Top as they a rodding nuts
We are waiting for details to be sent to us
There is a new Tv channel starting up and they filmed the event when this is going to be shown is still TBC and they filmed the old girl as part of the shoot out
thanks
Mike

Comments

• ESSX28-1
    ESSX28-1 Senior Contributor
    Great stuff Mike. Looking forward to seeing that film on TV.
    Whose was the 31 Essex sedan & what has been done to it?
  • essexcoupe3131
    essexcoupe3131 Senior Contributor
    edited March 2011
    I believe it had a small block in it the body needs a lot of work to it
    I meet a guy also with a 29 flat bed truck,seemed nice and encouraged him to come onto this site and also check out the NZ HET club
    attached is another 1 that was there and was for sale
    More picks to come
This discussion has been closed.