Hudsons at the Lone Star Round Up - Austin Texas

Unknown
edited November -1 in Street Rods
Just got back from a day at the Lone Star Round UP . This is a huge Hot Rod meet being held this weekend in Austin Texas. Folks from across the USA and around the world are in attendence. I got to talk with visitors to Texas from California, Colorado, Arkasas, Florida, New York, Mississippi and Sweden. Most drove thier cars to the meet. Incredibily the Swedish fellow has several cars stashed in US Storage so he can come to US get cars out and attend these meets!

A sometimes poster on this BBS from West Palm Beach Florida drove his 49 Hudson Coupe from Florida again this year. The car is pictured below. It is powered by a Hornet motor backed by a dry clutch set up with a 4 speed trans. Really reliable and very nicely done Hudson hot rod.

Comments

• GrimGreaser
    GrimGreaser Senior Contributor
    Love the bright white interior with the flat black. Clean and simple, nicely done.
  • [Deleted User]
    edited April 2011
    Love that license plate! :P

Do you happen to know what transmission he was running? Did you catch his name by any chance? I'd love to pick his brain.
    Edit: Found his name and car club from the window sticker and checked out their website, but alas there is no contact info...

Sigh - it must have been a great road trip behind the wheel of that beast.
  • lsfirth
    lsfirth Expert Adviser
    Yes...that is sweet....the shifter reminds me of the Satan of Miramar!!!

Salvagers....gotta love the club name :-)
  • I believe it's a Muncie 4 Speed
  • TwinH
    TwinH Senior Contributor
    He goes by "THEKID49" over on the Hamb.

THEKID49
  • Sarah Young
    Sarah Young Senior Contributor
    edited July 2011
    On the Satan of Morimar, they had to cut into the middle of the seat to make room for the shifter! Click here for Morimar pics.

In WA State, they wouldn't have allowed that license plate!
  • hudsontech
    hudsontech Senior Contributor
    edited July 2011
    Sarah, there was this license plate on a van in New Hampshire - may still be in use:
    PB4UGO - driven by a woman with 5 kids in the van. LOL

Hudsonly,
    Alex Burr
    Memphis, TN
This discussion has been closed.