1932 body/ firewall tag wanted

32huson
32huson Member
edited November -1 in Street Rods
Wanted an identification tag from the firewall/body of a 1932 essex terraplane for my cpoupe. Tag with serial number between 350000 and 364125 needed.

Comments

• K-Gap sells a very nice repro Serial Number/Patent Plate that mounts on the firewall w/ 4 slotted pan-head screws (No Rivets!) for the 33-36 Hudsons & Terraplanes. I'm not sure of the exact difference between the '32 plate and the one used in '33. You would need to check. If this is for a rod, you should be OK w/ the later plate.

Hint... if you do buy a new blank plate from K-Gap, take it to one of those "Things Remembered" stores at your local mall and have the SN & Model Number engraved rather than stamping it with a set of dies. I know... not exactly original, but a much cleaner look.

The G-Kap PN for the 33-36 plate is 382, price back in 2007 was $20.00.

Good luck.
  • 32huson
    32huson Member
    BTT I still looking for an original 1932 serial plate.
  • btt
  • btt Still needing an original serial number tag
  • 32huson
    32huson Member
    edited October 2011

Bumping this old post to the top for those who have not seen it before. I am still in need of the body serial number tag for my coupe project.
  • I believe this is about the vilest-looking rod I have ever seen. I have 34 and 35's and the firewall plates, if similar to the 32, would look good on this machine. But you could create your own with the features you like - then just make it cruddy and nasty. Good luck.
  • Thanks Grebus. I think Iwill keep looking for the correct year tag and number.
  • ratrod47 wrote:
    Wanted an identification tag from the firewall/body of a 1932 essex terraplane for my cpoupe. Tag with serial number between 350000 and 364125 needed.

BTT Guys I am still looking for the corect tag
  • MikeWA
    MikeWA Senior Contributor
    edited November 2011
    I see this thread started in April, so I suspect if one were going to materialize, it would have by now.

There's a fairly limited number of folks who follow this board, compared to the overall membership in the HET club. The logical next step is a wanted ad in the White Triangle News, which has a much larger circulation. Why don't you send me an email- mmittge at compprime dot com, and I'll tell you how to place the ad. I don't seem to have very good luck with the mailing system on this board.

What engine is in your coupe? Looks like an Olds, from what I could see.
  • The motor is a small block chevy. Email sent.
  • ratrod47 wrote:

Bumping this old post to the top for those who have not seen it before. I am still in need of the body serial number tag for my coupe project.

BTT again
This discussion has been closed.