49C8.Com 1 Year Old and Getting Bigger!

rambos_ride
rambos_ride Senior Contributor
edited November -1 in Street Rods
Website Progress:
Woohoo it's 49c8.Com's 1 year Anniversary!

600mb of pictures and growing!

2096 unique (and counting) page hits on the homepage alone - and the web site has never formally been registered with any search service! This is in part thanks to you folks on the forum frequenting the site and passing the url along - but also to many other Hudson lovers around the world...surfing the internet trying to find any information on our beloved cars.

I know it's the "World Wide Web" and all but its been fun getting emails from people around the world who have found the site just stumbling around out there!

Just last night I got an email from a guy in Sweden who just bought a 1950 Commodore...

Something old is something new...

Per some user requests I put together a "Custom How To" -> "Trunk Pan" page that basically takes and outlines why I did what the heck I did and how I did it.

This solution wouldn't work for anyone trying to retain the original trunk/fuel tank location - but turned out well enough to warrant the page.

Sorry there aren't any pictures of the actual fabrication work like you would see in "Street Rodder" but I can't take pictures during fabrication 'cause I need both hands and Rambo has no opposable thumbs to operate the camera:D

I also added just a few pictures here and there on other noted pages that I ran across that weren't posted before.

As far as progress on the 49 ...

Brrrr....it been a rainy cold month here in the pacific northwest and between the weather and the seemingly ever present "personal budget shortfall" - seems I haven't had the motivation to get outside and finish the remaining bullet points before going to media blasting and they are..
  1. Money for the blasters (600-800.00):rolleyes:
  2. Finish fit and weld and cleanup of the passenger front floor board (I just finished the drivers side but no pictures yet...)
  3. Finish fit and adjustment of Cadillac Trunk pulldown - about 2 hours left on this one. Details should be in the next website update.
  4. Remove remaining brake lines, gas lines, brackets that will not remain.
  5. 1 spot on the roof and rear interior floor pan that require some shrinking with a torch (this I'll do at the body shop on the trailer as it will eventually be towed to media blasting - someday...maybe...)
A big THANKS TO ALL of you who have visited the site and especially those who have given me feedback on what works and doesn't work for you - keep it coming!

Comments

• Congratulations, Dan and Rambo!

2096 Hits, huh? That's not exactly # of viewers, as I'm sure about 96 hits of that is me! LOL!

Seriously, though, still love your site. Hopefully, this winter won't be too bad and you can find some time to keep at it. If you're still looking for some extra income, you could always build me a website. Hopefully, I'll have our new project "in the works" this coming year. Could also post some pics of the '32 there, as well, hmmm . . . let me know what something like that would run, if you're interested.

Russell
  • mrsbojigger
    mrsbojigger Senior Contributor
    Dan,

Thank you so much for documenting all the work you are putting into the saga of your Hudson. You are an inspiration to all of us that are working on our own projects. Your site is very informative. Keep up the good work and above all have fun. Tell Rambo hi and be patient!! He'll get to ride in it soon.

Chaz
  • rambos_ride
    rambos_ride Senior Contributor
    arionrjw wrote:
    Dan & Rambo,
    I have enjoyed following your project. I have a 50 Pacemaker with a 496 Stroker BB. I am going to try the hood ram lifts following your instructions. The front end is shorter on the Pacemaker than your Commodore so will have to measure and make adjustments to find the proper gas charged shock. I have a 54 Hornet so can measure the difference and as you experiment with different sizes. I have a Parts Store that I can work with as I try to find the right dimentions.

Keep up the interesting site.

Roger
    Thanks Rodger

The hood lift shocks to me 2 attempts. It's really too bad the manufacturers of the shocks don't give better specifications - but if you had a long wheelbase stepdown you could just get the part numbers from the web page!

Make sure your hood has all the parts and pieces so you have the correct running weight.

The other "gotcha" I ran into with the trunk lift is that the shocks I got didn't come with mounting hardware. Which in this area used to be no big deal to get - but now no one stocks aftermarket ball studs of the correct size. I had to special order from a dealer and they were stainless steel (cool :cool: they look sweet) but 15.00 ea my cost (bad, very bad :mad: )

So - if you can make sure your lift shocks come with mounting hardware!

Of course some manufacture stainless steel bodied gas lifts or you could use linear actuators and have it magically rise.

I know I'm doing some more crazy things but still I want to keep it basic and low $$ as possible without compromising on overall quality and safety.
This discussion has been closed.