Wood's '49 Super Six Build: A tale of two Hudsons

Unknown
edited November -1 in Street Rods
Back to the drawing board!

It's been a few months since I posted any updates on my '50 Pacemaker project, and after a series of events (the list is long) I decided to start at the beginning. It's pretty fitting, since that's where I am on my project!

A little Background

Quickly... I purchased a '50 Pacemaker (which is probably the best $1200 I've ever spent in my lifetime!) sight unseen, knowing full well that she needed a LOT of work. Body and frame are really solid, with a little surface rust. No engine, trans, but most of everything else was there... and she rolled. How could I go wrong! And so it began...

The '50 that was a '49

She shows up on my doorstep, and then it really sunk in... she needed a LOT of work! Not knowing much about Hudsons, besides the fact that I think they're one of the best looking cars ever to be manufactured, I dove in head first learning as much as possible as quickly as possible...

[attachment:1]IMG_3053.JPG[/attachment]

First thing I find out, she's a '49 Super Six! I really can't say enough good things about her, but I really started to feel I was in over my head. I found as many sites as possible (gotta love the fellas on Classiccar.com!), and touch base with those that really know what I'm going to be dealing with for the next year or so.

First Things First!

After chatting with quite a few of you here that were willing to share some of your wisdom (free of charge, even!), I felt better and realized there are enough generous people out there willing to help out a "newbee" that wants to do things right.

I decided to clean the "cr@p" out of the car, remove all the rotted interior possible, salvage what I could, and get a good plan of attack going. Nothing bothers me more than seeing a mess, and after a quick introduction to POR 15 and Silver Bullet, I moved on with the later and started to clean her out.

Here are a few from the beginning:

[attachment:4]P1030172.JPG[/attachment]

[attachment:5]P1030160.JPG[/attachment]

[attachment:6]P1030198.JPG[/attachment]

[attachment:7]P1030228.JPG[/attachment]

[attachment:8]P1030233.JPG[/attachment]

[attachment:9]P1030239.JPG[/attachment]

Stay tuned for more...
This discussion has been closed.