Any video or sound clips of a throaty 308?

[Deleted User]
edited November -1 in Street Rods
I did a search here and on youtube and have seen a couple videos that come close to fitting the description but like any good car junkie, I want more! ;)

Here's the thing... I've never seen a 308 running in person, they just aren't that common around here.:(

I'd really like to know what my 308 might look and sound like running. I think it's incredible how sedate and quiet they are with full exhaust, but as mine will most likely be straight piped and possibly a little lumpy, I'm curious what sound I can look forward to.

Weird request I know... but its kind of sad that the closest I've come to hearing that is sitting in the dark playing that one scene from Cars where Doc Hudson idles on the dirt track over and over... PLEASE HELP ME! I know that I wont here French horns and strings every time I turn the key but I still get goosbumps every time. :lol:

Comments

• This site might help you, but the engine is a 262 with a dual outlet exhaust manifold adapter. It has dual pipes and low restriction mufflers. Good luck, the hopped up 308's I've heard are great, sound like a real race car, with rumble and vibration.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0bY46R9J52Q
    The guy's name is Richie, he really likes it. Thanks, Bob P.
  • That does sound good and only makes me want to hear MORE!

Just a thought, but how do you guys feel about making this thread a repository for videos or sound clips of Hudson 6's running?

That's not a purely selfish request since I know I'm not the only one who would come hear on a regular basis to just crank the volume...:woohoo:
  • Browniepetersen
    Browniepetersen Senior Contributor
    Having grown up with the dual pipes and 16" glasspacks (they call them different things today) I am very partial to the sound that they make. I often fight between original equipment and duals. Problem is that most of the cars that I have would not work with the modification. Guess I need another car--or just need to get mine finished?

This 50 Brougham does sound good.

Good job...
  • hornet53
    hornet53 Senior Contributor
    I've been running the Clifford 6-2 long headers with 12" glasspacks for 5 or so years now, and I'll tell you this... Run the pipes out the back!!! I ran mine out the passenger side under the rear door until 3-4 months ago and couldn't hear myself think while driving with the windows down. I recently had them run out under the back bumper side by side(shotgun style) and couldn't be happier. It's pretty quiet and burbley at idle, but raps like crazy once you touch the gas pedal.

I'll try to get some video of it and post it here, it'll be a couple weeks though. But, internet video doesnt really do it justice.
  • bigboy308
    bigboy308 Expert Adviser
    "CARS" The Doc Hudson racer was actually recorded @ Infineon Raceway from Ivan Zaremba's "Fabulous Hudson Hornet" racecar.

True Hudson Racer sound recordings.

AWESOME!!

Maybe Ivan can expound here on the forum.
  • does this adapter connect at the outlet of the regular exh. manifold ( where you would hook up your single exhaust pipe)
  • terraplane8
    terraplane8 Senior Contributor
    This is the Green Hornet, nice sound too

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KIekKKoDzmA
  • 53jetman
    53jetman Senior Contributor
    51HudMan - The adapter replaces the elbow outlet on the original exhaust manifold.

Jerry
  • [Deleted User]
    edited June 2011
    From my first test run

/ Andreas
  • Thanks for the great video - what a beautiful car. You can tell you are mighty proud and well you should be!
  • chopperchuck
    chopperchuck Expert Adviser
    sounds bloody great! but i would like to hear a rev up.
This discussion has been closed.