1937-39 Convertible Top Headers

Jon B
Jon B Administrator
edited November -1 in HUDSON
Do you (or does someone you know) own a 1937-39 Hudson or Terraplane convertible whose wooden top header (the part of the convertible top that rests on the windshield) needs to be replaced?

For several years I've been trying to find a woodworking shop interested in re-making these headers in a quantity that would lower the cost per unit to something reasonable -- with no success. Last weekend I found a small shop in Pennsylvania which seemed interested in taking on the project. We were knocking around a price of $600 apiece, give or take. The purchaser would still need to supply and attach all of his / her own hardware; this is only for the wooden portion only.

At this point I need to determine how much of a demand there is for this item. There's a possibility that the header might fit later (1940-47) convertibles with some modification and, once we get a prototype made, we can send it around for a "fitting", to determine whether it can be made to work on these cars.

However, when we produce these headers there will be one "run" only, so we will need to know exactly how many to make before production begins. Several people have expressed an interest in the past and I've just e-mailed them with this latest news. If you or someone you know may have an interest, please contact me at Xdetailed@verizon.net . Remove the "X" before mailing.
This discussion has been closed.