50 Flathead "Not Wanted"

[Deleted User]
edited November -1 in Street Rods
I am double posting this one.

I am in the process of rodding my 50 Pacemaker. I do not need the flathead, tranny, or drivemaster unit. Its a matching number motor, but isn't going to do me much good. Anyone want to make an offer? I'm a diet pepsi addict! lol I'd like to see it go to someone who could really use it (maybe its their first car and they don't have alot of money) and isn't just stock piling them. It supposedly (according to the guy I bought it from) has 2 or 3 broken head bolts (they have been left in the head so I'm not sure which ones are busted off. It has brackets for a GM alternator and a/c compressor (also have. but probably no good) and the aftermarket a/c unit inside. Car sat non-running for 10 years, but in a garage. I am keeping the dash switch for the drivemaster tough.....I'll use it to operate something.

Just as a side question.......I have rust thru on the front splash of the front fenders were they turn down behind the front bumper. Can one get replacement pieces for the fenders or do you have to repair the fenders as is? I see that there seems to be a different piece to the lower front section of the front bumpers, but mine was repainted and the seam was filled in.

Jay

Comments

• Is the tranny an overdrive? I've been thinking of converting my 49 Super Six and would need all the donor pieces.

Thanks,

John

Packard8XXX@juno.com (remove theXXX)
  • How do you tell John? All I know is it has the "drivemaster" system on it. Did they have an overdrive in 1950? If you can let me know how to tell if it has overdrive, I would be happy to get back to you.

Jay
  • Yes they had overdrive. If your Hudson was so equipped you should have an overdrive switch on the dash.
  • Jay

Go to Casa Grande and speak with Al Saffrahan ... he should be able to fix you up with the lower fenders or the whole item... check him out...

Cheers
  • Thanks Ken, I'll try to get down there next month and have a chat with him.

Jay
  • And a solenoid on the driver's side rear of the tranny will identify an O/D quickly, along with the O/D underdash pull.
  • I could be wrong, but I thought that all overdrive cars in 50 would be supermatic drive, and all non overdrive cars would be drivemaster....
  • 50C8DAN
    50C8DAN Senior Contributor
    You are correct Drivemaster = No Overdrive, Supermatic = Drivemaster + Overdrive.
This discussion has been closed.