Hudson drag car

Ol racer
Ol racer Senior Contributor
edited September 2011 in Street Rods
FYI

Picture of my Hudson Drag Car I recently debut at Summit Motorsports Park Drag Strip after a decade of building as an 'on & off' Project. My second time out today, at Thompson Raceway Park in Oh. ran about 10 - 12 mph shy of my 100 mph goal. More work in progress is planned with F/Inj, NOS, and Trans Brake. The Hudson drew a lot of interest even from the faster Pro Mod guys along with guys that had one back in the day hardly leaving time to make couple Runs.

I had a similar Hudson street/Strip car back in high school using the late Jack Clifford's equipment. Today, 50+ yrs later, I owe a thanks to Randy Maas for his research & development program that provides modern Speed updates for Hornets's along with a lot of advice that helped re-create my car.

Comments

• chopperchuck
    chopperchuck Expert Adviser
    sounds like fun.:P
  • essexcoupe3131
    essexcoupe3131 Senior Contributor
    nice looking Hudson,good to see you having out and about especially on the strip
    Does it have 1 of Randy heads on it
    Mike
  • GrimGreaser
    GrimGreaser Senior Contributor
    Now now, this can't be a drag racing post without a picture of the engine. :) Awesome car!
  • Ol racer
    Ol racer Senior Contributor
    edited September 2011
    FYI
    Below is picture of the Hornet Mtr as requested.I ran with just two large Rochester 2Bbl Carbs. Earlier I had removed the Fuel Injection set-up (shown in picture) and sent over to Randy Maas to Test & calibrate. (It became too difficult & tedious to adjust with Mtr setting back under dash)

Briefly(some) Engine mod's are....
    Bored and stroked, Isky Cam, HEI Ign, MSD AL7 IGN System, Clifford Head (with Randy's Mod suggestions, Maas Dbl Roller Timing Chain set, Maas Lifters & Valves, Competition Valve Job, Ported & Relieved, Balanced Rotating Assy, Maas Trans Adapter, B&M Converter, etc...
This discussion has been closed.