Finally Shooting Some Paint

Unknown
edited November -1 in Street Rods
Haven't been on here in FOREVER, but I haven't forgotten you guys....and gals. Just thought I'd post a few pictures of my '48 I took apart, installed chevy motor,tranny, Ford rear-end, and 4 wheel disc breaks, drove for a couple of years, and then took "COMPLETELY" apart again, to paint, chrome, and polish everything, and re-assemble. I changed the color from Silver and Dove grey, to Brown Metallic Pearl, and Cream Beige. It took a lot of block-sanding to get it smooth, and so far all I've gotten painted is the hood,trunk-lid, and 4 doors. I only get to work on it in my spare, spare-time.

Comments

• Welcome back Wes!

Hope all is well in your part of the world.

Those colors look terrific together! Can't wait to see the rest of the car when it is painted.

Please post some pics of your car as there are probably a lot of folks on the forum that have never seen it.

Kevin C.
  • Thanks Kevin. I guess I should get folks up to speed with my....8yr so far project. I've had this car for 12 years, and have only driven it 3yrs out of the 12.(ha) How many pictures will this forum let you post now? I remember when it was only 3 or 5, and they had to be no bigger than 94kb.
  • WOW Wes, That is awesome. I didn't think it could be any nicer, But
    You do really good work and it shows. Can't wait to see it in person!
    Bob Hickson
  • essexcoupe3131
    essexcoupe3131 Senior Contributor
    Hi Wes welcome back, its looking mighty fine will be nice to see it assembled, as the saying goes it all comes to those who wait, took me 26 years to complete mine and a lot of grey hairs lol
    nice
    Mike
This discussion has been closed.