Interchangeable parts for various Hudson years??

Unknown
edited November -1 in HUDSON
Hi;
I'm contemplating the purchase of a 1936 Terraplane project sedan. The floors are gone, the trunk lid is gone, the gauges and steering wheel are gone, and the interior's shot. Metal's in mostly good shape, except for the aforementioned floors and the bottom of the passenger rear door. I know someone who has a few 1935 Terraplanes....are the parts interchangeable with the 1936 model? Are there floor pans from a more popular GM vehicle that I could purchase to weld into the '36, or do they have to be fabricated? I'd appreciate any constructive comments, tips, warnings, etc....
Thanks!
Steven <font color="black"> </font> 1936 Terraplane

Comments

• click to see 1954 Hudson pedal car pedal car
  • The '36 model was a "one-off" and the body parts will not interchange with any other year, sorry.
    Geoff.
  • Thanks! Seeing a picture of that pedal car sure helped me get the 1936 car together and running! Fantastic! It's all done now, thanks to that picture.
    I appreciate it.
  • Park_W
    Park_W Senior Contributor
    I recomend passing on the '36 and waiting for a '37 or later. Much better driving cars, more roomy, and many parts interchange up through '47.
  • If you really like the '36 styling, then abandon the idea of fixing up this one, and find something a bit more solid as a basis for your project. From your description it sounds like you could invest thousands of dollars in parts and time just to get a solid body shell. Then you have painting, upholstery, chrome, gaskets, glass and wiring to consider, not to mention the entire drive train. If this were a convertible, station wagon or other rare body style, you'd have a prayer of getting that investment back. But not a sedan. For 2-3 thousand you should be able to buy a very solid sedan on which to work, and for a couple thousand more you might even find something in a running, halfway presentable car you can drive around. Check magazines like Hemmings, Old Cars, and Cars & Parts, and join the H-E-T Club if you have not done so already, in order to monitor the Hudson ads in the newsletter.
This discussion has been closed.