1949 Hudson Super 6 custom build

[Deleted User]
edited November -1 in Street Rods
SO i'd been chasing this car for over a year, when i finally gave up she showed up.
It was my hair stylist that owned the car, the reason i hadnt seen it in forever, motor was blown. So i helped her replace the (sad but true) chevy 350 in it. I was happy i got to work on it but low and behold the motor blew along with the trans and boom my time came. I got this ride at about 1500 and put her back together problem is now im not satisfied with the run of the mill chevy motor in her. I picked up a cadillac 472 with the turbo 400 trans to drop in. Ordered a set a mounts from a buddy on the hamb, suddenly im worried about the kinda power this motor puts out. Far as i know the rearend is now a ford 8.8 i'd have to check the gears. Anyone have experience in this motor/trans combo?

Comments

• TwinH
    TwinH Senior Contributor
    At the very least throw a timing chain/gears in it. The nylon toothed cam gear is likely to have migrated to the bottom of the oil pan and can clog the oil pick-up.
    Stock valve seals are probably missing by now too.Great torque monster,I have a 500/turbo 400 in my 65 Impala wagon.Check out the 472/500 Cadillac forum here:
    http://www.cadillacpower.com/forum/
    Everything you ever needed to know about the care and feeding of the big Cad motors.
  • chopperchuck
    chopperchuck Expert Adviser
    MrSpade13 welcome aboard,
This discussion has been closed.