52 hollywood rear quarter panels

Unknown
edited November -1 in HUDSON
my dad is doing body work on his hollywood and the rear quarter's are both rusted out at the bottom..i am wanting to know if anyone might have some or know of good replacements. as far as i know none of the members in Kansas have any. thanks for any help

Comments

• [ QUOTE ]
    my dad is doing body work on his hollywood and the rear quarter's are both rusted out at the bottom..i am wanting to know if anyone might have some or know of good replacements. as far as i know none of the members in Kansas have any. thanks for any help

[/ QUOTE ]

Hi...

There maybe some replacement fenders For Sale, but unless your Dad's fenders are really bad I would suggest he have them repaired. The bottom section of a 52 Hudson fender is essentially flat metal. If the fender is off it can be worked from the back and front. Rust removal and after repair rust treatment can be done. If the task is beyond your home capability take the fender to body shops around town to get quotes for repair. Make sure the person offering to repair is using a tig or mig welder vis a vis gas. To keep warping to a minimum the high intensity low heat welding methods are prefered.

Wish you luck... your Dad has a nice car... I know I had one for a while too.

Cheers

Ken Cates
    AKA Heart O Texas
    53HAUL.gif
This discussion has been closed.