Playing with Photoshop on my 49...

rambos_ride
rambos_ride Senior Contributor
edited November -1 in Street Rods
rambo1.jpg

Malc did the line drawing (hotrodders.com) and I was playing around with Photoshop to come up with a rough idea of a paint layout so I can try and get some more sponsors - this one I'm sending to Barry Grant to see if they will sponsor me for a Six-Shooter Demon setup for the 454

I'm no Chip Foose and there are ways to make things look more "real" but whadya think for a first pass?

Comments

• Looks good Dan! There are some talented guys on that website. Do you plan to run it that low to the ground? Of course you know I like them laying on the ground! :-)

Jay
  • mrsbojigger
    mrsbojigger Senior Contributor
    Hey Dan,

It looks great! Keep up the good work.

Peace,

Chaz
  • rambos_ride
    rambos_ride Senior Contributor
    jsrail wrote:
    Looks good Dan! There are some talented guys on that website. Do you plan to run it that low to the ground? Of course you know I like them laying on the ground! :-)

Jay
    The ride height I'm not sure of yet.

The stock ride height is 8" - I don't think for driving I want to go less than 6" - but if you want to park it on the frame the only way to do that is with Air Ride all around and the Fatfab sub and what does that cost 3-4k? Way too much $$ for my budget on this car for a certain "look" and no added performance.

"I do like them low when they are parked to show" (as long as the 'show' isn't in tall, dry, field grass :D )- but driving something slung that low as a daily driver is a pain-in-the-@ass because you always have to worry about scraping driving over even a dime sized pebble or hitting the front end while pulling into a driveway or a parking spot!

I guess some of my feelings stem from the fact that I believe if you customize something that the mods should not detract or take away from either the driving experience or the drivability of the car - otherwise you may as well make it a trailer queen and show it - because you won't be driving it - and I'm not putting 2000-4000 hours and thousands of $$ into the car to let sit!

So you won't be seeing suspenion that doesn't 'suspend' anything, antennas that don't work, dummy spot lights, or other non-functional cr@p hanging off my car! :eek: ;)
This discussion has been closed.