U-joint nut locks

Park_W
Park_W Senior Contributor
edited November -1 in HUDSON
Anyone know of a source for the little "four-tab" lock goodies for the u-joint nuts? And if the answer seems to be "no," is there interest in having someone such as Dale Cooper add them to his gasket and parts line?

Comments

• i use those when i install a new U-joint,but if i have to remove it for some reason and the tabs break off,it's perfectly fine to substitute lockwashers-george
  • Park_W
    Park_W Senior Contributor
    I know one can use ordinary lock nuts, but wondering if a fair number of our folks would prefer to install new locks of the original type, if available at a reasonable price.
  • i wonder if Dorman ever made those? sometimes when i'm at a parts store and i rummage through those looking for odd bits i find the craziest stuff,especially if that store has been around for awhile.
  • I raced these tanks for many years.I would not use the old tintab retainer. The correct product is a Nyloc nut.A nylon locking nut on all four. If an old tab is broken off, or a lock washer cracks and comes off, the balance it gone. The nyloc will last a lifetime and will preserve the harmonics. A need for speed finds many problems to correct. crazy.gif
  • of course,what these all have in common is they're only supposed to be used once then replaced,but i can't tell you how many times i've re-used the lockwashers on U-joints.the nylocks are a different story,i know they won't work if i put'em back on...
  • Normal nuts and spring washers is fine for this application.
  • I think what Park is alluding to is to maintain originality rather than functionality. Cliff Minard.
This discussion has been closed.