What are differences on a 36 & 37 Hudson 4 door?

Unknown
edited November -1 in Street Rods
I was wanting to know if there is any differences between the 36 & 37 Hudson 4 door. I am looking to buy a 36 Hudosn 4 door an the guy says there is no difference between the 36 & 37 Hudson's they are the same car. I was just wondering what 37 parts he might have put on this 36 an can you tell it has parts on there from other years?

Comments

• hudsonsplasher1
    hudsonsplasher1 Senior Contributor
    Kal, they are completely different cars. The 37 is wider and lower. The engine is different. No body parts interchange. 36 has suicide front doors, 37 doesn't. Hope this helps. Both good cars just not the same.
    Gene.
  • dave s
    dave s Senior Contributor, Moderator
    I have learned working on my 1936 T, the only thing I have found that is the same as 37 is the tires (but not the wheels) They are completely different!
  • RL Chilton
    RL Chilton Administrator, Member
    kal-

You'd think that they were virtually identical, but as has been said, two completely different stampings on body parts. When you get two of them together, you can really notice the difference. '36 was also the last year for the rumble seats, but 1st year for juice brakes.
  • what years will fit a 36 32-36 will work or just the 36 year only? An I am checking on 2 different vehicles both hudson an both 36. One of them is the guy trying to get the title for it an has it sitting for years the one I talked bout earlier. The other one is from somebody on on here with a 36 lwb hudson 4 door with a super 8 in it.
  • hudsontech
    hudsontech Senior Contributor
    edited January 2012
    Kal, what you can do is go to the online library and check the 1930-1939 Group Parts book. Search out the parts you are looking for and that will tell you what will, or won't, interchange.

As has been nothing, literally, will interchange between the two, but you can at least check it out.

The online library is at:
    http://hetclub.org/burr/lithomepage.htm

Click on 1930-1939 Manuals - the 1930-1939 Group Parts book is near the top of the list.

Hudsonly,
    Alex Burr
    Memphis, TN
  • Unknown
    edited January 2012
    well the reason why I asked I found this 36 Hudson 4 door an the guy has a bill of sale an I told him to get the title taken care of an send some pics an we go from there. Well next thing I know instead of calling the DMV in his state he is trying to find a title for it on craigslist an was talking bout getting a title from a 37 Hudson to use on his 36 Hudson an everybody he talks to tells him it will work so I asked you guys what is the difference in the 2 cars. I have had problems getting titles for vehicles before in my state with just a bill of sale on these old cars so if there is no title an the guy wont get one for it I wont fool with it. Still waiting to hear back on this guy over the title an pics an find out how the frame is before I do anything on this car.
This discussion has been closed.