I know it's not Hudson but...

Unknown
edited November -1 in Street Rods
Photo of my 1955 Ford Sedan Delivery. Still sitting in Reno though, I'll get it here to Utah this spring. Since we have had discussions of chopping tops I thought I'd put this photo in. :D

1cfd9ae0.jpg

Sorry, the photo got bigger than I thought!! :rolleyes:

Comments

• dwardo99
    dwardo99 Expert Adviser
    I love it. Are you by any chance looking for a 312 Y-Block for it?
  • Thanks for the thought, I've got a full boogie 312 with an old 6 duece manifold to put on it. I've been debating putting a 5.0HO with AOD in for driveability though. It already has 4 wheel disc brakes courtesy of Lincoln Versailles in rear and Grenada up front.

Glad you like it!!
  • dwardo99
    dwardo99 Expert Adviser
    At Carlisle, I saw a '50 Ford business coupe with a 5.0 out of a Mustang. It had the complete fuel injection and everything, and fit perfectly. I'm not particularly a Ford guy but I really liked that car a lot. Perfect every-day rod.
  • Does your 55 Ford have 56 Dodge quarter panels on it?

If so that will look so bad when finished!

If your into hot Y-Block stuff here is the guy to

go see: http://www.ford-y-block.com/

He is the MAN when it comes to Y-Blocks.

later,

PaceRacer50
  • Thanks guys, the rear quarters are '56 Dodge and as you can see, I had to use the rear door skins as well to cover the gap for the long Ford quarters. The job will get started again when I get her here to Utah. The front fenders just have surface rust on them, so that's not a big deal. The photo makes the chop look wavier than it is, there's a reflection coming off of the mountains across the valley.
  • Love the chop! Nice project going there! Good luck with it!

Jay
This discussion has been closed.