Just wondering???

[Deleted User]
edited November -1 in Street Rods
how many guys that log onto this board have cars (hobby type) or trucks other than hudson?

I dearly LOVE all hudsons streetrods/originals/customs etc but there are a lot of other highly desirable cars out there and I don't limit myself to hudsons only.

responses?

Comments

• mrsbojigger
    mrsbojigger Senior Contributor
    Good morning Bill and Happy New Year. As you know, Lola my Hudson, is not the only car I own. I have a custom '47 Ford convertible which I take to local and state car shows and rod runs.
  • My other vehicle is a 1988 Range Rover Classic which is my daily driver now. Once the Pacemaker is running it becomes the daily driver and the RR will go in for full exterior exo cage, lift, 24 spline axles, 37" Super Swamper tires, and maybe Dana 60's front and rear! Previous hot rods and hobby cars included a '42 Ford P/U, '38 Dodge 5W Coupe w/ corvair ifs, '64 Lincoln Continental w/ suicide doors, '80 Cougar XR7, '65 Mustang, '65 Falcon Futura, '68 Fairlane Fastback, '56 Nash Metropolitan Convertible (that little Austin 4 cyl could move down the road pretty good!), '85 GMC Jimmy w/ 1 ton axles and 44's, 1970 Triumph Spitfire....and on....and on.

I'm trying to build a lead sled with my Hudson. I have always wanted one and the Hudson seemed to be a good choice (though I also like the '52 Chevy) to slam on the ground. I like the lines of my Hudson though I'd guess you wouldn't call me a "diehard Hudson person." I don't really care to own an original (that goes for any car brand and I did consider restoring my Hudson for resale-but not many coupes out there) and frankly 20's and 30's Hudsons don't look that different from other makes (I do like the late 30's grills), and I am not a fan of their 40's (other than the stepdowns) front fender and hood lines. No offense to anyone, just my tastes.

My wife wants a '55/56 Buick 2dr HT or convertible (I think a good choice), but one-at-a-time!. lol

Jay :-)
  • I've got several: http://community.webshots.com/user/66patrick66

The Chevy truck is my son's truck. The only car not pictured is my wife's '03 Chrysler PT Turbo GT. If you are thinking that's not a fun car to own and drive (and FAST!), you are wrong.
  • "Doc" isn't our only car, just our living room on wheels. Our hot rod is a '32 Ford Convertible that is due to hit the streets in April (it's currently in the paint shop). Also, in the family, we have a '32 Ford Roadster, '32 Ford PU, '33 Ford PU and a '35 Chevy 3W Coupe. Hopefully, everything goes as planned and we'll be searching for that elusive '51 Hud Convertible in '06.

Russell
  • RG53Hornet
    RG53Hornet Senior Contributor
    In addition to my ’53 Hornet I’ve had my ’50 Chevy P/U for the last 20+ years (Buick 300 V/8, TH350, AMC Pacer front clip) My daily driver up until last year was an ’85 Jag XJ6 with a 5.7 Tuned Port, 700r4 from an IROC Z28 in it. Wish I could have kept it but with work, kids to run around, and the wife working nights I needed a car without the “personality” (Keep the AAA membership up to date) of a British car. Replaced it with a boring but dependable as a rock Olds 88.
  • Howdy

Got a '50 Chevy Fleetline that I am putting a '69 Corvette motor & 4-speed tranny in. Interior is gonna be red & white and car will probably be red eventually, but primered for a while. Already got a '55 Chevy rear end that I am rebuilding to go under it. Plan to try for this summer getting it running.

Billy
This discussion has been closed.