1949 Step Down V8 swap build thread.

2»

Comments

• raidmagic
    raidmagic Senior Contributor
    Fliptop I am using a 1991 S-10 rearend. I cut the spring perches off the Hudson rear and welded them to the S-10. It fits like it was made for it.

://" alt="image" />
  • I was thinking of doing something similar.... If you have a few pictures I would like to see them. Did you also use the stabilizer bar.

John
  • raidmagic
    raidmagic Senior Contributor
    I have not put the stablizer bar on yet. Not sure I'm going to. Either way it needs to be put on at ride height so it will be easy to add. I tried to put pics on my earlier post but it didn't work. Not sure why but I can never post pics on this forum. Shoot me your e maill address and I'll send you some.
  • Raidmagic. thanks for the additional pictures. What did you use to cut off the spring perches,  Mine look like they were machine staked and then welded.

John
  • Ducor Kid
    Ducor Kid Expert Adviser
    Flip top,
    I used a early Ford ranger 8.8 rear to match Hudson bolt pattern.
    The S10 rear end is very much like 8.8 Ford but it has Chevy pattern.
    The process I used was to cut off all Ford mounts and use my Hudson as pattern for mounting spring perches on correct angles and fabbing up mounting for panhard bar.
    Local welder did all the welding my welding skills are a bit rusty.
    I think I still have pictures from before mounting under car.
    I can take photos of it mounted up if you like.
    Send PM with email if your interested.

• Ducor Kid, I sent you the email address in a PM.... anxious to see the build photos

John
This discussion has been closed.