radiator hose

Unknown
edited November -1 in HUDSON
Does anybody know the numbers for both the upper and lower radiator hoses for a 53 Hornet. The local people at Auto Zone cannot find a match.

Comments

• EssexAdv
    EssexAdv Expert Adviser, Member
    Upper rad hose ia a NAPA 8484. BOttom hose is two 4" long corredct diameter streaght hose. No biggie. I doubt that Auto Zone will have both but any Napa can get it for you

OR

Contact Dave Kostancek. HE has both top and bottom. He also has the steel elbow which belongs in ght bottom hose if you need it

LEwis M
    LEwis M
  • I just installed a new lower rad hose on my '53 Hornet. Went to the local parts store and bought a Goodyear hose, part number 60861, and cut the big end off right at the first curve so that I was left with a 1 5/8 hose with one bend in it at about 40-45 degrees, and a total lenth of about 13 inches. I put the short straight section up at the water pump end. It fit perfectly and looks very original, due to the smooth finish on the outside. Just be carefull not to cut the hose too short, as its right on for length if you cut exactly at the start of the curve. I left a bit of curve on with the first cut, and then trimmed back a bit from there to square up the end.
This discussion has been closed.