" Hollywood" emblems

2»

Comments

• EssexAdv
    EssexAdv Expert Adviser, Member
    Just to through some more info into the pond.. My 52 C8 convert has cast L shaped brackets on the B pillar.  They go up the pillar, inside the car, about a foot up and bolt to the floor.  I haven't seen them in Hollywoods,

Lew Mendenhall
  • Nevada Hudson
    Nevada Hudson Senior Contributor

lostmind said:
    I only remember seeing the emblems on 54 Hollywood. A look through the parts books for different years should bring up an answer.
    The '55-'57 Hardtops used the same Hollywood emblem.
  • 53jetman
    53jetman Senior Contributor
    The "Hollywood" medallion was not factory installed on the hardtop coupes until the 1954 model run, and was never factory installed on the trunk lid.
  • Hudsonrules
    Hudsonrules Senior Contributor

I remember seeing a '51 Hudson Super "6" two door hardtop in Seattle back in the late '60's. I also heard from a Hudson guy that the hardtops came out in late '51, just as the .52's were hitting the show rooms. But we know Hudson did things their way.

• RL Chilton
    RL Chilton Administrator, Member
    edited January 2016
    I hate to disagree with you, Lew, but it has always been my understanding that except for the roof, the quarter windows, the rear well wall, the rear seat and adjacent inner interior panels, the HLWYD was identical to the convertible right down to the support braces that go from windshield down into the cowl and the extra 'Z'-brace in the main perimeter frame.  A few other small convertible-specific parts like the pump well, obviously would not be in a HLWYD.  

That's why it was always a fairly easy endeavor to convert a HLWYD into a convertible and a veritable nightmare to convert a coupe into a convertible, which isn't "shored-up" the way the HLWYD and Convert's are.  A coupe with the roof cut off would be like a bucket of bolts in a paper carton going down the road.  
  • In the "Body Parts List" for 1951-1954 it lists the "Hollywood" emblem as part number 231758 and is included in the parts for 1953....but it shows nothing for the '52's (in the Hollywood script).   Terry
  • Well, regardless what year was the first for installation for the emblem, I'm pretty sure the HASH mounting tabs are different than the Hudson tabs, and................. none of either are available in a new or like new condition.  So why don't we find the person who made the Twin H Power and have them make the Hollywood emblem for us?  I have a 52 with emblems installed and they look good on the car.

I know this is sort of a hijack of the thread, but what the heck.

Allan

• Nevada Hudson
    I really don't think they would invest in new tooling, when they were trying to use up leftover parts. Am pretty sure they are the same.
  • Nevada Hudson
    Has anyone ever seen a stepdown Hollywood with "factory" power windows?
  • RL Chilton
    RL Chilton Administrator, Member
    Has anyone ever seen a stepdown Hollywood with "factory" power windows?

No.  Leather interior, yes, which was almost exclusive to the convertibles, but was available in closed cars.  However, factory-power windows would entail the use of the pump motor that ran the convertible top (and the windows) in a drop-top.  It's my best educated guess that that would have been cost-prohibitive.  

• Nevada Hudson
    Red Burke had a '50 Pacemaker with leather interior. Is that Hollywood still around?

This discussion has been closed.