Who sells a freeze plug set for a Hornet?

ivanz62
ivanz62 Expert Adviser
edited June 2014 in Parts & Pieces
Is there anyone who puts together a kit of what you need or do you have to source them individually?

Comments

• hudsontech
    hudsontech Senior Contributor
    I had a freeze plug rust out in my'96 Olds - garage installed a universal type that is tightened in place with a wrench. If that's any help.

Hudsonly,
    Alex Burr
    Memphis, TN
  • ivanz62
    ivanz62 Expert Adviser
    Dale Cooper does not have a set--he's thought about it but not done it!
  • Clutchguy
    Clutchguy Senior Contributor
    Ivan, mail me your needs. We have all of them in stock,including the rear cam plug. Thanks Doug .
  • Nevada Hudson
    Nevada Hudson Senior Contributor
    I went to Napa with the old one, and they matched me up a set.
  • Uncle Josh
    Uncle Josh Senior Contributor
    I got some from Dorman for my 254 head. They list many sizes.
  • Glowplug
    Glowplug Expert Adviser
    Can someone list the sizes (maybe part numbers from purchasing experience) for the various plugs used on the 232, 262, 254 and 308 engine?
  • Ol racer
    Ol racer Senior Contributor
    edited February 2014
    FYI
    Hope this helps out...
    A few Yrs ago I spotted Soft Plug Kits in the White Triangle then bought a few Sets. The Set came with a full page of helpful proper Installation Tips which I kept. I went into my Shop to retrieve the Page but there's no name or contact info on the Page..... Too bad because it was a nice deal and It saved the hassel of finding all the sizes..l Dont know if that person still advertises or not.... If not, perhaps someone could put together another Kit and Market it if I provide the sizes...

(3) Shallow 2" Brass Cups LS Block
    (1) 1 13/16 Convex Steel Disc Cam Rear
    (1) 1" Convex Steel Disc Upper Rear Block
    (2) 11/16" Convex Disc Steel Frnt & Rear Oil Galley (Suggest Tap for Pipe Plugs)
    (2) .567 Shallow Cup Steel RF & LR Block Skirt
    (4) 3/8"Deep Cup Steel RS Block
  • Kdancy
    Kdancy Senior Contributor
    Thanks Ken!
  • Dale Cooper has the entire set of freeze plugs including the cam plugs for $25 dollars for the set.  That's sort of hard to beat.
  • Glowplug
    Glowplug Expert Adviser
    For those who are interested - download a copy of the CLEVITE catalog listing the freeze plugs and interchanges....

http://www.mahle-aftermarket.com/C125790900540AC0/vwContentByUNID/140E9908DC38DBBBC12579AA005057D9/$FILE/EP-30JD-06web.pdf
This discussion has been closed.