HUDSON TAPERED AXLE BEARINGS

2»

Comments

• ernie28
    ernie28 Expert Adviser
    Hi Paul, mine arrived in LA a day or so ago so after Darrin's house lot arrives back in NZ I will have them. Looking forward to seeing them and packing them carefully and placing them with my spares for the future! Many thanks again.
    Alistair
  • ski4life65
    ski4life65 Expert Adviser

Paul

Got mine today. Thank you. I have never seen these made by SKF. It is almost like they were recently made...... The boxes aren't even dusty. Awesome!

Don

• Frankvintagefullflowcom
    Frankvintagefullflowcom Senior Contributor
    Those cups are cheap and available everywhere. They're not the uncommon part. 25820 or 25821. The only difference is the corner radius that isn't of concern in the Hudson axle housing/retainer.
    F
  • PAULARGETYPE
    PAULARGETYPE Senior Contributor
    edited May 2014
    I WOULD LIKE TO THANK ALL WHO HELPED BUY ALL THERE BEARINGS WE COULD NOT HAVE BOUGHT THEM AT THIS PRICE WITH OUT ALL OF US JOINING TOGETHER TO MAKE IT HAPPEN THANK YOU TO ALL WHO HELPED TO MAKE THIS HAPPEN.

JUST AN UPDATE WE HAVE BOUGHT 105 BEARINGS THERE ARE A FEW MORE LEFT THIS WILL BE THE LAST CALL FOR BEARINGS AT THE $33 PRICE THOSE BUYING 2 BEARINGS NEED TO ADD $4 TO THE TOTAL FOR POSTAGE 4 OR MORE THERE IS FREE POSTAGE I HAD ADDED IN $1 TO THE PRICE I'M PAYING TO COVER THE POSTAGE WHEN THERE GONE THERE GONE  AFTER THE 15 TH OF MAY I WILL BUY WHAT IS LEFT AND ADD THEM TO MY INVENTORY OF PARTS FOR SALE  :-) 

THANKS TO ALL
    HUDSONLY 
    PAULARGETYPE
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Got mine, thanks Paul!!! Much appreciated!
  • TwinH
    TwinH Senior Contributor
    Gotta hand it to you Paul. Mine may collect dust for years, but there was no way I was going to put the effort into rebuilding my 49 axle without reasonably priced axle bearings available. Now I am swapping the original 4.56 gear for a 4.10. My 308 and I Thank You. BTW, my teardown revealed these same bearings on my axles from a previous owner and no wear at all noted. NICE!
  • Received mine last night!

Thanks so much Paul!

A side note when I took my axels out to rework them I ordered a set of bearings and the nitrile axel seals from Ol Car Bearing. A neighbor told me about this gentleman. He had bearings that were made in Europe but were the exact fit. I noticed Paul's were marked Holland. George at Ol Car knows his parts so if you missed this opportunity he may still have some on the shelf. I don't remember the exact price but considering the limited availability I thought he was fair in pricing.

Olcar Bearing Company
    135 James Creek
    Southern Pines, NC 28387
    910-693-3324
  • mdwhit
    mdwhit Expert Adviser
    Thanks Paul, I got mine yesterday!
  • bob ward
    bob ward Senior Contributor
    Bearings have arrived in Australia. Thanks Paul.
  • 51Hudson
    51Hudson Senior Contributor
    edited May 2014

How does one know if they have a Dana rear end?  I have a 51 Hudson super six with the welded on rear cover.

• Ric West IN
    Ric West IN Senior Contributor
    Welded cover = Hudson

Bolted cover = Dana/Spicer
  • Frankvintagefullflowcom
    Frankvintagefullflowcom Senior Contributor
    That IDs it as a Hudson built axle using the formerly rare 25877-T bearings. Early '51 is the last use of this axle. I bought 10 of them a few years ago on speculation. Pass the salt, please?
    Frank
  • 51Hudson
    51Hudson Senior Contributor
    edited May 2014

Welded cover = Hudson

Bolted cover = Dana/Spicer

Thanks.  I sent an email to Paul hoping to be able to get a set.
  • bob ward
    bob ward Senior Contributor
    .......... Early '51 is the last use of this axle. ................. Frank
    A bit of rear axle trivia. 

Hudson continued supplying its own rear end on export cars/kits through to the end of 53, presumably to use up the left overs. They followed a similar policy with gearboxes, the twin lever box did not appear on exports until the 54 model.
  • Geoff
    Geoff Senior Contributor
     Right!  My South-African built '53 Hornet (r.h.d.) has a single lever transmission, but does have the Dana rear end. It also has the "Super Power Dome" high compression cast iron head. 
This discussion has been closed.