eBay 1954 Hudson Coupe

Glowplug
Glowplug Expert Adviser
edited June 2014 in Vehicles
1954 Hudson Hornet 2 door coupe in need of restoration or can be used as a parts car. Body is
fairly solid with minimum rust on the floors.  Outer rockers are rusty, bottoms of the doors are
rusty. Car will start with priming the carbs but missing the fuel and water pump. Most of
the trim is stainless which is in pretty good shape, polish needed. Looks to be missing door glass
and some interior parts. Motor has been rebuilt and has the automatic transmission. Includes
original spotlight with mirror. Great restoration project. Car is being sold as-is with a clear title.

Any questions please E-mail me or contact me ahead of time before you place your bid. 

Thanks. Jimmy. (302) 540-0391

Comments

• RL Chilton
    RL Chilton Administrator, Member
    What a mess.  Not even worth the $1200 they're asking.  
  • ski4life65
    ski4life65 Expert Adviser
    Actually, I sorta like it at that price. Twin-H, Coupe, and if you look close at the parts, I see a power steering pump, and power brake booster. Might be worth a call to see if the rest of the power steering stuff is intact.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • RL Chilton
    RL Chilton Administrator, Member
    Well, that's true, Don.  If it's all there, that system alone is going around $1500 these days.  
  • Glowplug
    Glowplug Expert Adviser
    Don gets the nod ( no prize) for seeing the PS/PB pieces. There are also Hollywood parts from a 54. I talked with Jim he looked under the car but saw no assist cylinder, nor dual harmonic pulley. The real value in this car is the engine. Jim bought it as is several years ago from deceased Penn. based estate.
  • Looks to be worth the asking price to me Russell. The rebuilt 308 with twin H is worth the $1,200 alone, even if it's not a perfect rebuild.
  • Glowplug
    Glowplug Expert Adviser
    SOLD! $3325 Bid went from $2600 to sale price with 5 bids in the last 60 seconds pushing to the final price. Hope the new owner brings it back to driving status!
This discussion has been closed.