Source for Horn Cable?

[Deleted User]
edited June 2014 in Parts & Pieces
Anyone know of a source for a replacement horn cable? It runs down inside the steering wheel and steering shaft.

Mine is toast (don't ask)...

Thanks!
Mike

Comments

• Jon B
    Jon B Administrator
    Frankly, I would just use a good heavy duty plastic-covered modern wire, and solder the old terminal (from the old cable) onto it!  No one sees it so it doesn't have to be authentic cloth-covered.
  • Great idea, but I need to figure out how to get the terminal to stay in place.  I've destroyed the spring that holds the terminal in position.
  • Jon B
    Jon B Administrator
    So the problem is not the terminal or the wire itself, it is obtaining the correct specialty spring?  (If you just need a compression spring they are at any good hardware store, but I think you are speaking of a special spring, right?)  If so, your best bet may be to e-mail a photo of the spring you need, to a number of the hudson vendors who advertise in the WTN.  They probably have boxes of used Hudson parts and somewhere they have what you need.
  • Uncle Josh
    Uncle Josh Senior Contributor
    Rhode Island Wiring lists them
  • Contacted Rhode Island. They responded in an email saying they don't supply the horn cable for a Hudson Jet.

They were kind enough to offer to duplicate what I have in the car if I sent it to them. Turn around time is 12 weeks.

I'll look for some kind of spring or some way to keep the horn button extended the proper amount out of the steering shaft.  Tried a zip tie, but it's too bulky.

This discussion has been closed.