Selling my '47 Com 8 sedan

Park_W
Park_W Senior Contributor
edited June 2014 in Vehicles

Have decided it's time to sell our '47 Commodore Eight sedan. Purchased in 2005 from the Herbert Collection; car was restored in 1989 but hardly ever driven until I purchased it. Looks like it was restored a year ago, inside and out. Factory overdrive car, but with 4.11 axle gears. Original engine, totally rebuilt in 2011. Starts immediately, hot or cold, and you can climb in and drive to wherever. This is one of the best out there. $24,500.

(803) 327-3929,

hetpwald@comporium.net
  (remove "het" for actual address)

This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
. ..  

Comments

• oldhudsons
    oldhudsons Senior Contributor
    Park, please post it at the Hudson 8 site.
  • keithfullmeryahoocom
    keithfullmeryahoocom Expert Adviser
    edited June 2014
    Park, are these recent photos?   That engine bay is absolutely gorgeous!  Was that duel exhaust manifold factory or aftermarket?  I love it.  Bet it makes her sound great...keith
  • Park_W
    Hi Keith.  Yes, the photos were taken about a week ago.  The split manifold was made for me by some folks out in Kansas or thereabouts, a few years ago.  I had a hot Hudson 8 with a split manifold in my youth, and loved the sound and the added performance, which was quite noticeable.  So in later years I set aside an extra manifold and an outlet from a broken one, and just hung onto those pieces, waiting 'til I had another H8 to put them on.  About four years ago he Hudson Forum had a thread about the really nice work on split manifolds being done be the fellow in Kansas (I think it was), so I sent the pieces to him and he made the manifold.  And yes, it definitely sounds great.  I enjoy opening the hood at a cruise-in after they've heard me drive in, expecting a 350 Chevy is under there.
  • Park_W
    Pete, I've got it in the Cars for Sale in the Club Forum.  Think I should put it the H8 section as well?
  • PAULARGETYPE
    PAULARGETYPE Senior Contributor
    VERY NICE CAR PARK BUT THEN AGAIN IF YOU RESTORE IT THERE IS ONLY 1 WAY AND THAT IS THE RIGHT WAY THANKS FOR SHOWING US THE PHOTOS 

• PaulButler
    PaulButler Administrator
    Lovely car Park ; I do like how elegant these cars look and yours is an extremely nice example
  • SuperDave
    SuperDave Senior Contributor
    edited June 2014
    What Paul Butler said..... I have seen it too and it's a beaut!
This discussion has been closed.