1954 Super Wasp for sale in Baltimore Maryland

dwardo99
dwardo99 Expert Adviser
edited June 2014 in Vehicles
I have a 1954 Super Wasp 4-door sedan for sale. This car belonged to my uncle and me but he has passed away and since he never put my name on the title it has to be sold to settle his estate. 

The car is pretty solid and straight. I have not been underneath in a long time but I do not recall the rust being too terrible. The chrome and stainless are in pretty nice shape but a few pieces are missing. It had an amateur restoration at some point in the past and the interior is not too shabby except the driver's door panel has been removed and is tatty. The paint looks OK from 20 feet but shows some bubbling etc. It had a Hornet engine and Hydramatic, and I can go either way as to whether to include them or not. They are currently not installed in the car. We took the engine out due to a severe rear main leak, plus it was pretty tired. Never got around to rebuilding it as we bought another car to play with. If I recall correctly, the engine is on a .030 overbore. I believe it could be overhauled with a hone job and new pistons, bearings, etc. The Hydramatic never slipped but had some issue where (I believe) it wouldn't stay in 2nd gear very long unless you had your foot in it. We replaced a lot of parts on this car and it was always a good reliable driver. We drove it to the Orlando and Nashville national meets with no difficulties other than leaking oil. 

I regret having to sell this car as it is sentimental to me but I have no legal claim on it and no financial interest. I just need to get it off my property. Make any offer and I will submit it to my aunt (the executor). I think it would be a reasonably cheap way to get a driveable Hudson.

I am willing to show the car any time on weekends or late in the evenings on weekdays. 

Please contact: 
Ed Wood
5905 Ebenezer Rd, White Marsh MD 21162
410-615-2615
dwardo4@comcast.net 

Comments

• Jon B
    Jon B Administrator
    Ed, you might want to send this into the WTN if you haven't, already.  Chances are that you'll have the car sold by the appearance of the next issue, but it never hurts to cover yourself!
  • dwardo99
    dwardo99 Expert Adviser
    TENTATIVELY SOLD! 
This discussion has been closed.