LOOKING FOR DOOR HANDLES FOR HUDSON SALOON 1946 SUPER SIX

I AM LOOKING FOR OUTSIDE AND INSIDE DOOR HANDLES FOR 1946 HUDSON SALOON SUPER SIX SERIES

Comments

• I WOULD LIKE TO PURCHASE DOOR HANDLES FOR 1946 HUDSON 4 DOOR SEDAN AND WINDOW RUBBER SEALS.
  • 46HudsonPU
    46HudsonPU Administrator

Sam, welcome aboard! 

First -

Good to have you.  I'm sure you'll find a wealth of information here.

You may also want to visit the Hudson Essex Terraplane Club website, and consider joining that Club - Members come for the cars, and stick around because of the great folks there!

We hope you enjoy your time here at the Hudson Essex Terraplane 'Open Forum'

------------------------------------------

- You should join the HET Club - The WTN (the club's news magazine) alone is worth the cost of membership.  The classifieds area has a wealth of information and availability of parts/contacts as well.

- Go to the HET Club website, and join the forum there (yes, they have a separate forum).

- Search Ebay.  That is also a very good source for parts, among other areas as well.  

You have a significant additional stumbling block, that of residing outside of the U.S., and in a region that is well known for ongoing SCAMS - which can be an issue with a lot of vendors. There will be  'trust issues', at least until you've established some working relationships with selected parts vendors.

Establishing yourself as a member within the HET Club may well assist with that trust issue...

• TOM-WA-
    TOM-WA- Senior Contributor
    BINGO.

I THINK YOU NAILED IT WITH THE SCAM REFERENCE....

WILL BE INTERESTING TO SEE IF THERE IS ANY FURTHER FOLLOW-UP FROM "SAM"
  • I reside in Uganda ,however it have representatives in USA and UK who can purchase parts on my behalf.i have tried to source in SOUTH AFRICA AND AUSTRALIA with no success .For ease,vendors only have to ship parts to address in USA.i will arrange thereafter.
  • 46HudsonPU
    46HudsonPU Administrator
    edited June 2014
    I reside in Uganda ,however it have representatives in USA and UK who can purchase parts on my behalf.i have tried to source in SOUTH AFRICA AND AUSTRALIA with no success .For ease,vendors only have to ship parts to address in USA.i will arrange thereafter.

Understood - However, be prepared to have your representatives in the US/UK wait for extended periods of time, until the means of payment fully clears, or a cash transaction is arranged (Due to variations on rip-offs, 'Western Union' or 'wire transfer' are now bad phrases to use in our hobby).  In today's world of 'instant' transactions, that isn't easy - it could take 2 weeks or more for a financial transaction to truly 'clear'. 

Speaking from experience, just because a financial institution accepts a deposit and credits your account, that doesn't mean the funds are actually there.  If the 'payment paper' eventually bounces, the financial institution will 'take the $$ back and then some' (i.e., if the check or 'certified funds' ends up being bogus). And that is for transactions within the U.S.A..

Many merchants don't want the extra headache, trouble or risk.

Plus - The 'in country representative to assist with the transaction' is a variation on many SCAM routines. 

Please understand that I am not trying to 'be the heavy' here, I am just trying make you understand that it won't be 'quick or easy'. 

Establish yourself within the community, and it will be a lot less painful.

• 46HudsonPU
    46HudsonPU Administrator

One more addition to this discussion, which may well 'assist' in this type of situation.

Despite its critics, PayPal is a 'good option' in this case.  When properly used and guidelines followed, it provides a secure means to transfer funds and transact business.

Merchants or those receiving funds - need to be aware that due to the constant 'flow' of funds in and out of PayPal, there are MANY that will attempt to take advantage - either by creating phantom sites, and/or sending false 'emails' (indicating deposits where none was made, indicating a problem with the account and requiring login to the account to fix the issue - 'link provided').

- Never 'click' on any link in the confirmation email from PayPal. (or any other venue for that matter).  Instead:  Go directly to PayPal (or any other site you are concerned with), and check your account transaction(s), for validity directly from there.

This discussion has been closed.