Steering Box

[Deleted User]
edited November 2014 in Parts & Pieces
I am looking for a Hudson steering box (left hand drive)- one of the early boxes would be great as they are higher geared but let me know what you have.

Comments

• 46HudsonPU
    46HudsonPU Administrator

Welcome aboard! 

Good to have you.  I'm sure you'll find a wealth of information here.

You may also want to visit the Hudson Essex Terraplane Club website, and consider joining that Club - Members come for the cars, and stick around because of the great folks there!

We hope you enjoy your time here at the Hudson Essex Terraplane 'Open Forum' -

• Ol racer
    Ol racer Senior Contributor
    jdawg,

What year box exactly are you looking for?
  • Park_W
    Park_W Senior Contributor
    Jdawg, definitely use a '37 or later box.  Greatly improved design.  Back in the fifties, seemed like every other California hotrod had a late thirties Hudson steering gear.
  • Great- thanks for the suggestion. Anyone out there got a 37 or later steering box?
  • jdawg, did you locate your steering box? I recently saw one listed on Ebay

fliptop
  • Jon B
    Jon B Administrator
    Park, would the "desirable" steering boxes run from 1937 all the way up to 1954? 

JDawg, are you trying to fit this into an early Hudson, therefore you're looking for something "earlier" that would have a chance of fitting those cars?  (Otherwise, I'm not sure why a late model Toyota or Chevy or whatever, would be the most desirable box?  Why bother to go back to the 1930's, when each year probably saw  steering gears more improved than the last?
This discussion has been closed.