Mislabeling results in an opportunity: 1950 Pacemaker on Ebay

Jon B
Jon B Administrator
This "Packard Pacemaker" looks like a bargain , with the bidding up to only $2,075.00 and four days left on the auction.  Somebody goofed when they listed it, and anyone trolling for Hudson offerings at Ebay, may miss this one!

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1950-Packard-Hudson-Pacemaker-3-Speed-Manual-4-Door-Sedan-NO-Reserve-/281495466388?_trksid=p2054897.l4275

Comments

• lostmind
    lostmind Expert Adviser
    Makes me wonder about the title.
  • RL Chilton
    RL Chilton Administrator, Member
    Well, it's gotta be the rarest Packard on the planet.  A one of one.  I wouldn't buy it just 'cause it looks like they stole the design from Hudson.  
  • hudsontech
    hudsontech Senior Contributor
    A Packard Pacemaker is possible - I have a model of a 1951 Chrysler Hornet, so why not a Packard Pacemaker.

Hudsonly,
    Alex Burr
    Memphis, TN
  • Kdancy
    Kdancy Senior Contributor
    edited November 2014
    Alex, when was that model kit sold?
  • railknight
    railknight Expert Adviser
    I have that same diecast model kit.  It's basically the Johnny Lightning '51 Hudson Hornet that you assemble yourself .  I purchased it around five years ago at a flea market for a couple of bucks.  I
  • RL Chilton
    RL Chilton Administrator, Member
    That's funny, Alex!
  • Glowplug
    Glowplug Expert Adviser
    Waiting for the Fiat USA Hornet a have to have Christmas stocking stuffer.
  • hudsontech
    hudsontech Senior Contributor
    Yeah, I think I bought that kit at least 10 year ago.  Any die cast Hudson model (at least the 1:24's) produced after Chrysler bought out AMC will have Chrysler Corporation on the bottom somewhere - usually on the frame rail.
    I just looked at the large Marsh Teague model I have and it says Chrysler Corporation on the left frame rail.

Hudsonly,
    Alex Burr
    Memphis, TN
This discussion has been closed.