wanted Terraplane radio or just the head.

Wanted to buy a 37 Terraplane radio at a sensible price I have a 36 Radio in nice cosmetic condition that I would swap for a 37 Radio in similar condition./

trevor.dot.Johnson@xtra.co.nz

Comments

• Jon B
    Jon B Administrator
    edited December 2014
    Just a suggestion: if you can obtain the radio control head and speaker from a 1937 Hudson or Terraplane, you can use a 1936 "CB-6" receiver instead of its equivalent DB-37 (for a 1937).  All you need to do is find a junk 1937 receiver and transplant the worm gear (from the tuning cable) from that, to the CB-6.  This is necessary because the number of turns of the tuning knob is different from a 1936 to a 1937.

Of course, finding a good working 1936 receiver is probably going to be as hard as finding a 1937 one!  But, if you do locate one (and you find the control head and speaker) you can put them all together and have yourself a radio! 

The radio receiver in my 1937 car, is actually from a 1936, and has the worm gear from a 1937 receiver.

This is the DB-37 radio whose receiver is identical with the CB-6 (from 1936):

• Trevor J
    Trevor J Expert Adviser

Hi there.

Thanks for that.  Yes I agree but to find the radio head may be a challenge.

Regards Trevor

• Trevor J
    Trevor J Expert Adviser

Hi Lance.

you sent me a message but for some reason I cant reply to you.

Are you able to send me your E mal address please.

Kind regards Trevor

• Trevor, Try hethornetllw@yahoo.com. Drop the het. Lance
This discussion has been closed.