Comments

• Jon B
    Jon B Administrator
    Terraplane Kelly's '38?
  • RL Chilton
    RL Chilton Administrator, Member
    edited January 2015
    Terraplane Kelly's '38?
    That's what I was wondering.  It's the right color, it seems.  Except it has an 8 in it and Kelly's was a 6 . . .
  • Nevada Hudson
    Nevada Hudson Senior Contributor
    Wow!  The dash on the 38 convertible just looks crappy.  That cannot be stock type finish for sure.
    Really poor wood grain job!
  • Glowplug
    Glowplug Expert Adviser
    edited January 2015
    Picture of the 38 Convertible at Pete B's place in Escondido before it was sold.
  • Glowplug
    Glowplug Expert Adviser
     Second picture was taken at the last Nationals Kelly was to attend.
  • 46HudsonPU
    46HudsonPU Administrator

On a side note, there are a couple of Hudson cars @ B-J later this month as well...

• The black '51 C8 Cp used to belong to John Kort of Adams, Wisconsin
  • hudsontech
    hudsontech Senior Contributor
    Terraplane Kelly's '38?
    Not Kelly's Jon - unless somebody changed the exhaust system.  Kelly had his coming back over the engine and wrapped in asbestos or some such.  Also, as I recall from riding in it, he didn't have vinal seat covers nor did his have the Hudson tail pipe extension.

Hudsonly,
    Alex B
  • Jon B
    Jon B Administrator
    Now that I think of it, don't I recall that Kelly had a special aftermarket racing head on his engine? Of course, a subsequent owner might have replaced the head with a stock one.  (Could have made any number of changes, actually.)  Then again, this may indeed be a completely different car, whose color is just coincidentally the same as Kelly's.
  • Glowplug
    Glowplug Expert Adviser
    edited January 2015
    Kelly had the same head on several "8"
    Hudsons he owned. The most memorable to me was the long wheel base 38 he got from Charlie Harris. The 38 was one I found during a 1973 search of an Omaha warehouse.
  • hudsontech
    hudsontech Senior Contributor
    Of course the obvious way to find out whose convert this is would be to ask Norma.  Jon, you probably have her email addy.

Hudsonly,
    Alex B
    Memphis, TN

• Don't know about the 38, but the '51 C8 Cp used to belong to John Kort of Adams, Wisconsin
  • bull_islander
    bull_islander Expert Adviser
    Results from the Mecum website:

1951 Commodore 8:  Sold for $25,000.
    1938 Hudson:  sold for $60,000.
    1953 Hudson Hornet:  Sold for $75,000.  
This discussion has been closed.