1946 Hudson Truck Fenders

Hi everyone,

I have a guy looking for some 1946 truck fenders. Does anyone know the years for car fenders that are a close match? In know he will have to cut a gas tank filler hole but other than that?

Please let me know and as always thanks in advance!
Scott

Comments

• faustmb
    faustmb Senior Contributor
    Ken has it right. There is a flange that needs to be added so the fender can mount to the flat sides of a bed. The stock flange would be trimmed from a car fender, then add the new section. There was a guy on here a few years ago that used the later skirted fender from a sedan on his 46 truck for a custom look. It did look nice!
  • Hey Ken! I had the flu as well a few weeks ago. Have to travel for work next week but might try to get back on track after that.
    Talk soon!
  • RL Chilton
    RL Chilton Administrator, Member
    The fllu is going around.  Sorry to hear y'all suffering from it.  My wife is finally coming out of it after a full week of fun.  
  • will the 42 front fenders from a sedan work on the 47 pickup? 
  • Uncle Josh
    Uncle Josh Senior Contributor
    Scott, If your guy is looking for the rear truck fenders, likely the spacer is OK and the rest of the fender is toast.  Ask if that's the case.  If so, He can cut the spacers and use them on the replacement fender of course.
This discussion has been closed.