1955 Hudson 308 Engine for sale

Was pulled out of a Hornet and it was running until it was pulled. I wanted to rebuild it but found the car was in need of too much repair. I am selling the engine. Ask any questions I will answer them.

Drew

Comments

• Lee ODell
    Lee ODell Senior Contributor
    Engine Mileage
    Gas mileage
    Doe it use oil
    When was engine pulled
    Two barrel or Twin H
    Does the main seal leak
    Did it have automatic or stick.
    Was it the engine you planned to rebuild
    Did it run good or just ran.
    Where are you located
    Price for engine

Lee O'Dell
  • Afternoon Lee,

The engine has a little over 50,000 on it, I do not know if got good mileage as I didn't drive it more than a mile away from home. I don't think it used oil, it didn't smoke at all. It had a couple leaks around the distributor and yes the rear main was weaping a little. It was out of a stick shift car with 3 on the tree (Borg Warner T-86) I have that transmission as well.

It has the original 2barrel carb that came on it (fresh rebuilt). The plan was to rebuild the engine for my car, however I am not going to be able to rebuild this car due to the amount of cost to get it complete.

I have a new exhaust manifold for the engine and all of its parts. I am located in East Bethel, MN. I was look between $550 and $600.

Drew

• Lee ODell
    Lee ODell Senior Contributor
    Hello Drew

Thank you for the information. Unfortunately MN is to far away from Ca. The rebuilt two barrel carb was a plus for me. The gas mileage on my last 308 with two barrel carb was 20 MPG.

Advertise your engine in the Hudson Club magazine - White Triangle News. That would give you a lot more prospects than on the Hudson forum. Good luck.

Lee O'Dell
  • The engine is out of the car and ready to be crated. Fastenal? I attached a pic. The transmission and bell housing are currently removed from the engine.
  • BillUSN1
    BillUSN1 Member
    edited February 2015

Is the new ex manifold separate or was it already installed?

I would be interested in the manifold and may be interested in  the whole motor if there is a Fastenal near you.

Fastenal offers to ship large parts on pallets for a very reasonable rate between their stores.

Here's some stores near you. locations link

1321 Andover Blvd NE, Suite 110
    Ham Lake, MN USA 55304

1467 Lake Street South Suite 100
    Forest Lake, MN USA 55025

6937 Hwy 10 Suite 180
    Ramsey, MN USA 55303

• lostmind
    lostmind Expert Adviser

Is the exhaust manifold a 1955 ? I think the outlet angle is different then the stepdown

manifolds.

• The reason for the manifold is because the original one on the engine is cracked on cylinder 6. There is a Fastenal store nearby and I didn't know that they shipped. my email address is HETchoisserd@gmail.com (drop the HET). Send me an email if you would like to purchase the engine. I have it on a pallet ready to go.
  • Sold! Thank you guys for the help! 
This discussion has been closed.