I would if I could

PaulButler
PaulButler Administrator
edited June 2015 in Vehicles

The 1939 112 "Convertible" from a while back. I actually like this car and if I could buy it I would!

It's on a no reserve auction so let's hope someone saves it and gives it a good home

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Other-Makes-Hudson-112-Hudson-custom-/221798954515?forcerrptr=true&hash=item33a43f7613&item=221798954515

Comments

• RL Chilton
    RL Chilton Administrator, Member
    I think the wing front grilles are worth $1500 all by themselves!!
  • Huddy42
    Huddy42 Senior Contributor

Russell,

I have a pair of those 1939 front grills, you can have them for half of that figure. No use for them here in Australia and I would hate to send them for scrap.

• RL Chilton
    RL Chilton Administrator, Member
    Huddy-

You should shop around a bit.  I don't need them, but I hear plenty of lamenting '39 owners who need some and cannot locate any at all, good or bad.  When the supply gets as low as it does, the prices always go skyrocketing.  
  • 46HudsonPU
    46HudsonPU Administrator
    edited June 2015

Actually, I've got 3-4 sets of those 'side grilles', in varying conditions.  FYI - Those 'side grilles' are not the rare ones that a lot of people are looking-for.
    The side grilles that everyone is looking for are the Pacemaker-type grilles (for the '39 Hudson cars with the headlights in the fenders), not the Series 90/98 1939 Hudson (with external 'headlight buckets). 

That having been said - The parts on the car are worth $$ (fenders, center grille, hood, chrome, dash components, etc.).  BTW - those headlight buckets are also a 'big dollar' item, if they are in decent shape - most are rusted-thru at the bottom, where water tends to collect.

• onerare39
    onerare39 Expert Adviser, Member
    That 39 sold for $1,800 at the LeMay auction in Washington State two weeks ago.  Looks like he might make his money back.
This discussion has been closed.