1953 Hudson Hornet 4 door sedan Twin H power

asking $2500
this is a 1952 Hudson hornet 4 door
Twin H power
engine is in the trunk was getting ready to rebuild but never ended up finishing!!!
most of the car is intact but has sat for a long time
rust free as far as i can tell
CLEAN AZ TITLE IN HAND
call or text Patrick 503-784-5235
or email PRP@att.net

Comments

• RL Chilton
    RL Chilton Administrator, Member
    $2500?  Is there another car that goes with it?  
  • Is this too much? Three different Hudson guys here in town told me that's what it's worth after taking a look at it.
  • RL Chilton
    RL Chilton Administrator, Member
    Patrick-

It's worth what you are willing to sell it for and what someone else is willing to pay.  No more, no less.  It wouldn't be "worth" $2500 to me.  Someone out there will probably think it's a steal.  
  • snowshoe90aolcom
    snowshoe90aolcom Expert Adviser
    On the other end of the spectrum, I ran across a '54 HH 4 door here in Minnesota with 13k miles on it...interior looks new- has factory air etc. etc, but the kicker is he wants 28k for it.  Terry
  • Frankvintagefullflowcom
    Frankvintagefullflowcom Senior Contributor

Snow,

IMOs

The '54 may well be worth it (esp. @ the 13k). If you hired it done, a restoration on this '53 would push twice that (or more) and still be worth about half of that (or less). With very few exceptions, having a Hudson restored is likely a money losing proposition. It's only worth it if you just really want it done and $ are a secondary consideration. I can relate to the latter. I like to think that a big part of the value is in the enjoyment of owning and driving/showing a car you can be proud of. That's where the cost-above-value becomes worth it.

F

• I've honestly been considering building a prostreet, street beater out of this one... Not a full restore but at least a paint job and a nice motor, and some big meats because!! It's a good candidate for at least that
  • Frankvintagefullflowcom
    Frankvintagefullflowcom Senior Contributor
    Here come the offers to buy that engine! Put me at the top of the list. (just kidding)
  • Here come the offers to buy that engine! Put me at the top of the list. (just kidding)
    What I didn't include is the aftermarket head that I have! That's going on my pacemaker though
  • Kdancy
    Kdancy Senior Contributor
    Out of all those guys that said it is worth 2500, how many offered to buy it?
    Now if it was a coupe, I'd be in line!
  • One guy but then again I haven't seen cash yet
This discussion has been closed.