Hi-Speed rear end gears for 32-38 Hudson-Terraplane

ivanz62
ivanz62 Expert Adviser
I have gears in stock at last to ship.  They are beautiful parts that many admired at the National in Colorado Springs.
They are 3.5:1 ratio and will allow your '30s car to cruise at today's highway speeds.  The cost is $1300 plus shipping from California.

Call or email:      415-497-4368           ivanz62@comcast.net

Comments

• StillOutThere
    StillOutThere Expert Adviser
    Having these gears would pay you back in years to come in lack of engine wear.   Additionally you would actually be able to tour your car for distance instead of keeping it in the garage.   There is nothing better for any car than getting it out and driving it.   Yes, I have a set.

• charles4d
    charles4d Expert Adviser
    I sure it easier then changing the whole axle
  • How have they worked out for those of you who have tried them? They sound very very apealing to me. Potentially thinking about getting a set for my coupe?
  • Ever since I was on the freeway chugging along at 50 mph, and a little 1920's British 2 door convertible flew past and gave me a toot and a wave travelling more than 60mph I've been thinking of this upgrade -Made me so jealous :-) Hopefully these gears will be around in a year or 2 when I have the funds cheers Ken 
  • 35 Terraplane
    35 Terraplane Senior Contributor
    Curious. Do you have to change the speedometer gearing as well to correct the speedometer reading?
    Tom
  • I would imaging it would have about as much affect as changing tire size does on a speedometer. +/- 5 mph but not enough to do further work as long as you keep in mind your speddometer is slightly off.
  • bob ward
    bob ward Senior Contributor
    Its probably easier nowadays to leave your speedo alone and recalibrate it mentally using a GPS or iPhone to find what it reads at 30mph, 55mph etc.

Or you can put one of these sorts of gizmos on your dashboard, this seller seems to have many varieties.
  • Glowplug
    Glowplug Expert Adviser
    Bob very kool
This discussion has been closed.