introduction/trying to help out the HET community/ scrapyard found dual carb 308 intake manifold

Blackoutsignco
edited August 2015 in Parts & Pieces
I am a sign builder and car guy. Lots of love for the "fabulous hudson hornet" and the Terraplane and their history... i recently stumbled across a scrapyard find that i thought could help out a hudson owner...its a late 50's 308 flathead dual carb intake and exhaust turndown... unfortunately the exhaust manifold was cracked being thrown into the pile... im sure this is the wrong place for this but just trying to do a good deed and get it into someones hands who can use it and has a need for it... i gave 40 bucks for it so if someone who needs it will cover that cost and shipping im happy to send it along and provide pics..i  just couldnt leave it inthe scrap pile. email is dirty@grandecom.net or your welcome to call at 512 738 6715... the exhaust is cracked but if you wanted that i would send it as well..otherwise i will unbolt intake and turndown, package up and send it your way. the intake is in great shape 3 carb studs present the 4th threads look good....thanks for your time and keeping these old beauties on the road.....Jay

Comments

• Jon B
    Jon B Administrator
    Hi, Jay!  It was great of you to save the manifold(s?), and this is not the wrong place!  You did right!

I'll move this post to "Parts and Pieces", which is our "for sale / wanted" category. 

Incidentally, you've now been made a "member" of this forum so feel free to post questions or comments at any time.  Even though you may not be a total Hudson Nut you still might enjoy hanging around from time to time

And as you may know, there is a Hudson-Essex-Terraplane Club and their website is at http://www.hetclub.org/
  • Thanks I appreciate it. Some forums get a little testy with the FNG's. Appreciate the welcome. Have had an email on manifold so hopefully can find it a good home. Thx all
  • intake has been spoken for... thanks all and good luck keeping these beautiful cars on the road... shameless plug for our business but if yall ever need any custom neon signs built or original signs restored check out our website at www.blackoutsign.com    we still design and build everything by hand, old school style.. there is an online portfolio of work and also a contact page where you can email us directly from the site..... yall take good care and im glad the intake has found a new home.....
  • Uncle Josh
    Uncle Josh Senior Contributor
    Outscuffled again, b'gosh
This discussion has been closed.