looking for aluminum 232 head

does anyone have a usable 232 wide block aluminum head they would sell? need one for my 7x 308 build project

Comments

• Glowplug
    Glowplug Expert Adviser
    edited August 2015
    7X came with a cast 232 head. The head was modified to specifications required for use on 7X

If you would like to see the comparison go to my website http://hudsonrestoration1948-54.com/
    Select engines on left sidebar of homepage, when at the engine page select the 7X comparison page. If you are interested in tech info about this engine see the other info there.
  • Ol racer
    Ol racer Senior Contributor
    FYI
    I wouldnt use a standard 232 Head. The 7x 232 Head had modified combustion chambers as old Farmer mentions. A 262 Head works fine, however If trying save weight mill a 308 alumimum Head then flycut above the Exh Valve if necessary.. Ideally finding a Clifford Alum Head would be ideal....
  • bellbigdawg
    bellbigdawg Expert Adviser
    my understanding is difference between 232 and 7x head was 80cc compaired to 84cc, only difference being a small bit of material removed from between valve area at head gasket edge. this motor will have full 7x block relief work done. are you suggesting that will be too much compression at around 9 to 1, should I run less compression? weight is important on this car, but will also be street driven often.
  • Glowplug
    Glowplug Expert Adviser
    edited August 2015
    No suggestions here... Sharing that original 7X Hudson engine head is as shown. Ask compression question to Randy Maas.
  • bellbigdawg
    bellbigdawg Expert Adviser
    ol racer..fly cutting the exhaust area would not be a problem. I have a 1955 308 aluminum head I can work with. how much material would I have to mill off and the remaining head thickness good enough with 1/2" ARP head studs/nuts?? thanks so much for the help!!
  • Ol racer
    Ol racer Senior Contributor
    edited August 2015
    FYI
    If you have a 232 C.I. head I would modify it by looking in Old Farmer's Link (above) by Rudy Bennett showing the differences in stock vs 7x 232 Heads. I dont think a 308 Head would get you the compression your looking to obtain, and I echo inquiring with Randy Maas on how to gain compression because of Randy's extensive research on the Hornet Mtr the past several Yrs.

(With all that said, I install a milled aluminum 308 head on every Street Mtr with block relief, large valves, Permbond gasket, and Studs with no problem). Never seen a 232 aluminum head.
This discussion has been closed.